mental quriks 101

UA added a new required class for our third year and I was going to admit, I was interesting. We spend most of the time focusing on physical quirks that we all forget about the mental quirks. Well, everyone except Shinsou since he had a mental quirk. He got transferred in at the end of first year and had kept up pretty well since. As everyone walked into the classroom for the first time, we were shocked.

Sitting tied up in a chair, as a barely conscious Dabi. His head was drooping and his hair fell forwards. He didn't look up at us but you could tell he knew we were there. He isn't deaf. Sitting at a desk is a completely masked woman in a stripped shirt and blue bell bottom pants. She waves us in and allows us some time to sit at our desks. Once she knows we're all there, she stood up.

"Welcome to mental quirks 101. I'm your teacher Ms. Piaga. My quirk is projection. By touching someone I can project their memories for others to see. Here we have a newly captured villain. Dabi was just arrested this morning and to receive a shorter sentence agreed to do this. He is currently drugged with a quirk nullifier and can't hurt you in the slightest bit. I am going to show you his memories to show the effects mental quirks have on people. However, I'm going to honor Dabi's wishes and not reveal his true name. Also, most faces will be blurred. Are you all ready?"

Yes' fill the room and Ms Piaga nods. She taps Dabi and he slowly raises his head. His eyes are bloodshot and his cheeks look more sunken in this close. He whispers something to her and she nods. He groans and holds out his arm for her to touch. She takes his arm and his head drops instantly. Obviously he's unconscious but the sight of that happening so quickly puts me on edge.

On the wall a bright light shows up and colors start to define themselves.

"This is his most heartfelt memory." She says. It sounds almost robotic when she says it. Like she's in some sort of trance.

The colors turn into shapes and we're soon watching the memory from a different perspective. So, we're not watching through Dabi's eyes. We were watching as if we were a another person in the room.

Dabi is pacing the floor and worry is etched onto his face. He's mumbling under his breath and we can't hear it. Suddenly, there's a knock on the door and Dabi practically runs to open it. Standing there in the doorway is a bloodied and bruised Hawks. Dabi embraces him and they both sink to the ground.

"I thought you were dead." Dabi mumbles.

"Takes a lot more than Shigaraki to kill me."

"You can't just go out fighting people like that! You could get hurt even worse next time." Dabi's voice is still soft but you can hear the anger behind the words.

"I'm a hero remember? Save others before I save myself."

"You shouldn't have to do that Keigo. You shouldn't have to kill yourself to keep other safe. Who protects you?"

Hawks shrugs his shoulders.

"Nobody ever has. I was raised in the commission."

"I'll protect you."

"Dabi, you don't have to protect me."

"But I want to. You should always have someone to protect you."

Tears roll down Hawks' face and Dabi gently wipes them away. They sit there, tangled on the floor for a minute before the two inch closer together.

"I'm so glad I found you again." Hawks whispers pressing his forehead against his.

Ms Piaga ends the memory before anything else can happen. I'm grateful for that. It feel wrong to watch such a private memory. Once it finally sinks in what was happening between Dabi and Hawks, nobody speaks. A villain and hero. Together. The memory ends, it fades into another one.