dear old dad

buckle up cause this is a long one! sorry for such a long wait.

Touya - 19
Fuyumi - 16
Natsuo - 13
Shoto - 9

"What the hell are two doing?"

"Drugs!" Natsuo yells as he jumps from the shock of me coming up behind him. His back smashes into the couch and he groans. A video game controller is in his am hands and Fuyumi has one as well.

"You don't have the guts to do drugs. Goody two shoes. I'm taking a nap. Don't burn down the place down while I'm out."

"Is the big bad tattoo artist tired?" He teases.

"Yes the big bad tattoo artist is tired. I've been off all day and people keep asking for wing tattoos. Fucking new up and coming bird hero."

"Did you remember to take your  medication? Is it messing with you to much?" Fuyumi asks.

"I took it Yumi. I'm just not used to it yet. Don't worry." I started anxiety meds a week ago and they're really fucking with me. Fuyumi doesn't need to know that though. It's my problem.

She gives me a look but doesn't question further. Not that I give her the chance to. Quickly changing the subject is my specialty.

"How's Shoto?"

"It's getting bad Touya. He won't stop training him."

I bite my tongue as heat rises on my skin. I tap my fingers together to make sure a fire doesn't start.

"That bastard. I'm going to kill him."

"That wouldn't end well Touya. You'll get even more burns." Natsuo says in a quiet voice.

He's right. My chest and arms are littered with scars and burns. Though, my arms are only burned in spots so I tattooed the area around them. On my face there are only light burns near my eyes and on the bottom half of my face.

"I know Natsu. I won't go after dad. I just. I wish we could do something."

"Why don't we go to court? Tell the police everything he did." Fuyumi suggests.

"We can't Yumi. He's the number two hero. Do you know how much influence he has? He'll be able to convince anyone that we're lying and since we have so physical evidence there's nothing we can do. Endeavor will just call us crazy and lock us up with mom!"

Fuyumi flinches at the mention of mom and guilt floods through me.

"Sorry Fuyumi. I shouldn't have mentioned mom like that. I'm going to sleep. Feel free to spend the night. The guest room is somewhat neat. Just clean up whatever you leave out." I say the last part and just give Natsuo a look. He gives me a big smile and a thumbs up. I ruffle his hair and go into my room. As soon as I make contact with the bed I let myself fall asleep.

Ring! Ring!

I jerk my head up at the sound of the phone going crazy. There's no light coming through the window and it seems really late out. I don't look at the number before picking up.

"Hello?"

"Is this Touya Todoroki?"

"Who's askin?"

"Sir, I need you to confirm your name."

"Touya Todoroki."

"I'm calling from Japan Hero Hospital. Your father has been admitted for critical injuries sustained during a patrol. You are the next of kin as your mother is incapacitated. He is currently in emergency surgery. Your youngest brother is already here since the nanny brought him."