Chapter 24

Beauty POV

My world was cloudy and my mind was fogged. The only noise I could hear was the heart rate monitor. It kept beeping waking me up from my slumber.

"Daddy" I yawned sitting up. Draye was sitting next to me holding my hand like always.

"Yeah baby" he replied coming over to me.

"She's gone isn't she?" I mumbled biting down on my lip. He nodded making me burst into tears. Guilt took over me for all the times I told her I hated her. The woman who I despised for neglecting me as a child gave me so many emotions. She made me resent her as I got older. But now she was gone without the simplest of goodbyes. What hurts the most was that even though she was gone, I felt like this was what she wanted. After her drug incident all she did was sit in her room in the dark. As if she waiting for her untimely demise.

1 month later Monica's Funeral

Dressed in nothing but all black fabrics with tears down my face. My father and I stood there as the empty casket was lowered into the ground. It all felt surreal considering there was no actual body in the casket. The explosion was so bad that they didn't find any human remains beside her hair follicles. Once the casket was in the ground I tossed a picture of her with a red rose on top of it. Then they slowly covered everything up with dirt.

"Give me a minute" I father insisted. When I turned around my family was waiting for me. Draye, Paula, Sarah and Dwayne all waved me over to them.

"You okay?" Sarah asked with her arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah just give me a moment" my legs trembled as I strolled to Draye's Escalade. His driver opened my door then shut it behind me. The tears seeping out of my eyes just wouldn't stop. I officially felt broken deep down inside my soul. Although the windows were tinted everybody knew I had broken down. Kash came over to the car to calm me down.

"Beauty it's gonna get better" she whispered as she patted my back.

"How did you deal with your father's death?" I whimpered.

"Cry until there's nothing left to cry about. Even though crying can't bring him back it brought me closure. But now that Markelle adopted me I'm okay with the idea now. Everything happens for a reason remember?" I looked up at her. That's when I realized she had grown on me.

"Thanks Kay, you're the little sister I always wanted"

Markelle POV

After squandering the city I found a new estate for sell. It was a mega mansion with the furnishing already done. Kash, Beauty and I did a walk through the house to get a glimpse of it. The foyer was all white with a two-way staircase. The stairs and floor was white ceramics with the boxing of gold lining. 1st floor of the house was a home theater in nothing but red. 8 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms was an absolute upgrade. But the most important thing about this house wasn't how spacious it was. But that it had a big ass security system. The big golden gates at the front had to be opened through my phone, Beauty's phone or Kash's phone. So I knew Beauty and Kash would be safe at all times. The attic was the monitor part of the house. Cameras were in every hallway, outside on the porch, by the pool and Jacuzzi. Along with every outer wall that enclosed the estate.

"You don't think this is a little too much?" Mia bit down on her lip as she looked around the master's chamber.

"You think so, because I was thinking it was big enough for all of us" I replied looking at her admire the paintings in the upstairs hall.

"Us? You don't mean me and Porsha" she nervously laughed.

"I do want you guys to visit til we decide to finally make it official." Mia still lived in Miami and now that Monica was gone I had never felt so alone. It was a waste of money and time for her to keep flying back and forth with Porsha. "What's the point of you flying back and forth?"