Chapter 23

Draye POV

The only way I was gonna keep myself calm was to go to the gym. I started to workout but Dwayne and London interrupted me.

"What are y'all doing here?" I groaned after putting the weights down.

"I could've sworn this was a public gym" London replied as she made her way over to the treadmills.

"Man your sister is crazy" Dwayne giggled. "You need me to spot you?"

"Nah, man can I ask you something?" I lowered my voice.

"Go ahead"

"Why do you think Beauty didn't tell me what Raymond did to her?" He inhaled and exhaled.

"Man honestly the only reason I can think of is you killing Raymond" he chuckled.

"This shit has been in my head for the last 3 days now." I leaned back so I could finish lifting my weights.

"Have you spoke to her since the court incident?" He came over to spot for me.

"And say what? I ju-" my phone stated to ring in my gym bag. I got a glimpse of my screen to see Leonard calling.

"Yo wassup boss man"

"Hey so look, a couple of MMA fighters are coming to Cali."

"What am I fighting?" I questions as my hands started to itch.

"No this is where your people skills come into play. The word of the day is networking" he exaggerated through the phone.

"Okaayyy"

"I need you to show them a good night on the town, you know how Chris Adams did for you in Denver. I'll text you their names and numbers."

"Okay, ditto" I hung up getting ready to head out. When I looked up Beauty and Kash were walking in.

Beauty POV

Today was a workout day with Kash, London, and Dwayne. But as soon as I walk in there is Draye. My heart rate sped up just by seeing him. We stared at one another til he got up with his gym bag going into the back. The man that I wanted so badly to speak to didn't even wanna talk to me.

"Hey over here" London waved us over to the treadmills. "Beauty you good?" She asked after we made our way to her.

"Yeah" I put my headphones on then cut my treadmill on to start jogging. Once again I saw him walk from the back to the door leading outside. My feet stepped off the treadmill then followed him to his car.

"Draye!" He looked back at me then lift his head up and sighed. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Look Ima be 100 with you right now. I don't wanna talk to you" he got in his car and drove off. My emotions were everywhere and I knew I was gonna cry. So I ran to the showers and poured my eyes out. He actually didn't want anything to do with me.

London POV

Dwight had finally showed up to give me some tips about working out.

"Hey baby" he kissed my lips while Kash cooed at us.

"Your late!" I fake pouted.

"I'm here now, so you ready?" He questioned with a smirk.

"Yeah this is Kash, and this is Bea- where's Beauty!" I turned to Kash. She shrugged her shoulders just as confused as I was. "Give us a minute" me and Kash went to the back looking all over for her. Then I found her by the showers crying intensely.

"Beauty what's wrong"

"Draye hates me! He doesn't want to speak to me anymore!" She sobbed with the tears falling. I pulled her into a hug so she could calm down. "Kash tell Dwayne I'm riding with Beauty" she nodded and went to do what I said. "Beauty look my brother's a jerk. Don't kiss his ass ever! When he decides he wants to talk and you want to listen then so be it. But don't let him choose when he wants to fuck with you." She stopped crying and we left the gym early.