Chapter 22

Beauty POV

It had been almost 3 weeks since I heard from any police about the case on Raymond. I was glad because school was getting serious now. Exam week was long gone and I had to focus on 2nd semester 3rd quarter. 6 period had just started when Scarlett walked in looking around.

"Just my fucking luck" I mumbled under my breathe.

"Beauty Mcknighton, you have to go with her" Mr. Williams stated looking sad for me. Everyone in the class started to oooh like we were still in elementary. After all my things were stacked up I carried them out to the hall.

"Can I just take my books to my locker first" I begged with an attitude. She nodded then we made our way to my locker to run into Kash and Brian, the other police officer.

"Beauty what's going on?" Kash exasperated coming over to me.

"That's a good question!" I glanced over to Scarlett waiting for a response.

"Okay we were gonna tell you back at the station but fuck it. Raymond is going on trial for kidnap, murder and rape. We need both of you on the witness stand to testify against him." Scarlett rambled off. My heart completely skipped a beat and stopped altogether. She wanted me to sit in front of an entire jury and court pleading victim. Nobody knew about the rape incident but Kash, her, and me. That's how I wanted everything to stay. But if I testified the whole world would know including Draye.

"Do I have to?" I asked looking at the ground.

"If you want him locked up for good" Brian chimed in. They escorted us out to the police car taking us back to the station. Kash seem to have a shit load of questions the entire ride. But I was stuck thinking about what I wanted to do. I was in depth in my thoughts I hadn't realize that we walked through the station to the interrogation room.

"Beauty are you okay?" Kash stepped to me breaking my thoughts. I gave her a head nod then looked over to Scarlett who just walked in with some paperwork.

"First things first, I need you Kash to follow me to another room. Then I'll come back to you for further information Beauty." She took Kash then left me there to think. My heart rate sped up just thinking about how Draye will react to this. Especially when I didn't tell him for that matter. Then I remembered I never told Sarah or even Amaya. The more I thought about everything it felt like an even worse idea.

"Sorry if I took long but I was just out in the lobby talking to your father." Scarlett said walking in getting straight to business. "I need you to point out who Cristal is."

"Is she here!" I semi-yelled

"No, calm down. Now I have a few pictures of people and which ever one you know is her point to it" she opened the folder revealing 6 pictures of blonde girls that almost fit the description I gave her. But there was this one picture that caught my eye instantly. She had that crazed look in her eye like always. Her bob was frizzy at the ends like she had shook her head around like Willow Smith. My index finger slowly strolled over to her picture.

"Good, now I'm gonna run this over to Brian so he can go get her." After she left Draye text me.
MyLove: Just got to the arena for my match, I'm missing you.

Amaya's name flashed across the screen when I was about to reply to Draye. Scarlett came back in so I forwarded her.

"So I need you to tell the court everything that happened to you" she informed me. She kept staring at me but I never looked back at her. "Beauty you okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah I was just thinking" I bit down on my fingernail. "What if I decided not to testify?"

"Well why not?" She took a seat next to me.