Chapter 10

Draye POV

I had Beauty, London and Sarah take Amaya out to breakfast before their flight back to Cali. Amaya was still coping with everything but she wasn't as hysterical as she was before. I was happy that she wasn't, because it made Beauty just glow. She was finally laughing and joking around, and coming back to herself. All the women were, it was good to see smiles instead of tears. Me and Dwayne had to head out to Minaya's office.

"You ready dude?" I asked taking a breathe.

"Yeah, let me text Mia to be on her way down there." Dwayne replied taking his phone out.

"Man why didn't you tell me Beauty didn't know about the drug game?" I said turning on the car.

"You didn't say anything to her did you?" He questioned looking up from his phone.

"Nah I didn't, but I'm feeling like I'm lying to her" I stated while merging into traffic.

"Man look, it took me like 3 years to admit that shit to Sarah. And we wasn't even dating then. She understands now but Beauty. She's so innocent, does everything by the book. Knowing her she'd probably tell you to get out the game." He said shaking his head and giving a faint laugh.

"I don't understand, her dad is slowly evolving to a King pin and she has no clue."

"Yeah why you think he opened that record label. Its a cover up to hide that life from Beauty and Monica" he uttered.

"That's not the only thing he hiding from them" I mumbled.

"Who you telling, the shit got fucked up when Mia came in the picture." Dwayne agreed with me. I finally pulled up to the office behind Mia's car. We got out and headed for the door. When we walked in Minaya's secretary directed us to the back where her and Mia were. Mia was sitting in the sofa with a little girl that had really long and curly hair. Then I noticed she had features like Beauty. I shook my head when I realized it was Markelle's daughter.

"Ah you boys finally showed up" Minaya said announcing our presence.

"Right so lets talk business" Dwayne insisted while taking a seat in a chair by the window. I sat down to the seat directly in front of Minaya's desk.

"Okay so who knows who Karlee Fuller is?" She said causing me and Dwayne to look up.

"That's Markelle's daughter's friend who was shot and killed Friday night." I answered. Mia moved around at the word daughter.

"Well apparently someone who was at the club that night called down to the police station saying Markelle was shooting up the place." She continued. "And the fact that his record label hosted it, they kinda believe it."

"Mommy why are they talking about daddy?" the little girl ask looking at Mia.

"Shhh Porsha, I'll explain everything to you later." Mia retorted.

"That's crazy because I was there when the shooting happened. I know exactly who did this" Dwayne interrupted.

"Yeah it is because Kelle left the party early to check on me" Mia added.

"Good, because Markelle is going on trial and I need this case thrown out. Who was it?" She asked looking through files.