Chapter Thirteen: The Police

After encountering Godred's Ghost on the Peel Godred Branch, both Braedey and Diana weren't feeling their best. They never ventured off down the branch, and kept to the mainline. Sir Topham Hatt and Mr. Franklin understood why they didn't want to go there again, and they changed their schedules to keep the two engines away from that branchline.

The other engines seemed to give them no end of grief, saying there was no such thing as ghosts, and the two were being silly. But, Toby, Thomas, Edward, Henry, and the Josephine Railway engines gave the two some comfort. Both the GWR 4900 and Caledonian engines were happy to have the others watching out for them.

~*~*~

Today, Diana was sent down to the Farquhar Branch to assist Thomas, Toby, and Percy, along with Belle and Liliana. It would be a change of scenery, and plus, she would be with friends to help her out.

Diana slowed to a stop one morning at Ffarquhar Station, pulling up to a siding to clear the track. She had to admit, Thomas did have a very nice branchline, and it was very calm and inviting.

The station has one passenger platform with a run-round loop

The station has one passenger platform with a run-round loop. A milk dock, cattle dock, coal staithes, and an oil depot are provided, with two good sheds (one for local traffic, and one for goods in transit). The station forecourt is a regular calling place for buses whose timetable and that of the Branch are coordinated to make connections with all trains possible.

Diana smiled when she saw Belle and Liliana sitting nearby. "Hey, girls. What's going on?" She asked.

"Well, we are glad that you've come along." Belle sighed in relief. "We have to move a shipment of rocks from the quarry away, and to Elsbridge for Henry to take away."

"Okay. What's our plan of action?" Diana asked, then she saw Toby trundle in with Henrietta. "Hi, Toby."

"Fancy seeing you here, Diana." Toby greeted, pulling up to the platform. "You here to assist Belle and Mavis?"

"Mavis? I thought Liliana-" Diana stopped when she now realised something. "Oh, right."

"Yeah. I know I'm not the strongest engine. I can only take one or two of those stone trucks. A whole train is just too heavy for me to take." Liliana admitted.

"I understand." Diana spoke back to her friend. "I'll take care of it."

"Thanks, Diana." Liliana smiled.

A few minutes later, Belle was making their way down the line, heading up to the mine. The track winds itself through some of the hills and fields of green. This was her first time down this section of the line, so it was all new to her. Fortunately, over the years, the bridges and tracks have been strengthened up so they could now take heavier loads and engines.

Belle soon approached a dirt crossing. She saw a police officer standing by the crossing ahead, and she slowed down to a stop before the crossing. Belle had learnt a thing about this section of the line, and she had some concerns.