Chapter Thirty-Two: Winter Is Coming

Winter had eventually arrived on the Josephine Railway rather quickly. A layer of snow had covered over the Lake District National Park and the railway, which did leave the engines with more work on top of their own to deal with. Fortunately, Mr. Franklin had purchased new snowploughs for the engines recently to have equipped for heavy snowfall and the winter season.

The engines were fortunate to have snowploughs on them to cope with the snowdrifts and piles that lined the tracks and the yards

The engines were fortunate to have snowploughs on them to cope with the snowdrifts and piles that lined the tracks and the yards. Still, it's a struggle for them to get their jobs done, but they manage to pull through.

~*~*~

Today happened to be a rather bad day. Snow had piled on rooftops and the hills, as well as along the line. The engines have been given their tasks to either deal with the snow, deliver supplies to towns cut off by the snow, taking passengers to and fro from the stations.

By the shunting yards, Charlotte was talking to Jonson and Kieron, along with Jane, who has her bright red snowplough fitted to her front end. They were all discussing about the weather.

"My fireman said there's more snow on the way." Charlotte began.

"We'll need to top up our sandboxes to be ready for the hills and keep traction." Jonson added in with a sigh. "Not to mention have our snowploughs fitted."

"I don't mind the snow. It looks nice." Kieron noted. "I mean, it does limit our traction, but it's still very pretty."

"Good thing I won't be complaining about wearing this thing

"Good thing I won't be complaining about wearing this thing." Jane smiled, referring to her snowplough. "I'll never understand why Thomas doesn't like this thing. Without it, he'd be stuck more times than can be counted."

"I agree. The others don't mind theirs, why doesn't he like his?" Charlotte agreed with the red E2 engine.

"Okay, you four. That's enough chitchat. Let's get back to work now." The yard manager said to them. "There's people counting on us." With that, the engines puffed off to do their work.

~*~*~