Chapter Ten: The Letter

With Croghan now gone to the National Railway Museum, where he will stay for the rest of his life, things began to calm down for the Josephine Railway. The engines took up the work, and they performed to the best of their abilities.

Belle and Austin were worked off their wheels, but they didn't care. A good day's work is better than no work. Max handled the shunting, and he did it so well with such precision and arrangement, he nearly overheated his engine, needing himself to now stop and cool down. Braedey and Diana also handled the passengers, while also switching around with the other engines, Belle and Austin thanking them for switching around. They were very thankful for the switch around.

~*~*~

On a calm Sunday morning, Mr. Franklin was chatting to both Braedey and Austin, the two of them explaining about what's been happening. Not too far away, over by the water tower, Mr. Franklin's wife was speaking to Diana, giving her some pointers and suggestions.

Mr. Franklin's wife goes by the name of Caitlyn. She is a lovely and beautiful young woman, with fair lightly peach skin, looking around 35yrs in age, with bright gentle blue eyes, and a pair of small red lips. Her hair is golden brown reaching to her shoulders with a gentle flow, two small strands of her hair framing her angelic-like face, and she has a small red rose hairclip. She has a firm slender body shape with a slightly above average bust and hip size, whilst she stands 5ft tall. She is wearing a sleeveless firetruck red dress that reaches down to just below both of her knees, a small pearl necklace around her neck, crystal blue flower earrings on her ears, gold bracelets around her wrists, and she has on a pair of light leggings that hugged her legs gently.

 She is wearing a sleeveless firetruck red dress that reaches down to just below both of her knees, a small pearl necklace around her neck, crystal blue flower earrings on her ears, gold bracelets around her wrists, and she has on a pair of light ...

"So, you need to be a bit more gentle with the coaches." Caitlyn advised to Diana, who agreed to her suggestion. "That way, they won't jam their brakes during the run up and down the line." She added in.

"Of course, Madame." Diana acknowledged. "Thank you."

At that moment, Joseph Tripp's post van drove up to the main station building, Mr. Franklin looking over in confusion. Joseph walked up to the controller, handing him a stamped letter, one with a top hat sticker on it. The sticker looked familiar to Braedey, as Mr. Franklin opened the letter, and began to read what was inside.

"What does it say, sir?" Braedey asked to Mr. Franklin.

"This is something that should be told to everyone else later today." Mr. Franklin said to the GWR 4900 engine. "You carry on with your work."

"Yes, sir." Braedey whistled, and he headed off to take some coaches out for a run. He wondered what the letter could be, but all the while, he thought about the top hat sticker on the letter, and it seemed confusing to him. He wondered what it might mean.

~*~*~

Later on in the day, the engines arrived back at the sheds, all of them been called over by Mr. Franklin from their duties, much to their confusion. They wondered why their controller called them in, and from what he said, it sounded important to them all.