Chapter Seven: Newcomers

When Braedey returned to the Josephine Railway after his visit to Sodor, his friends gave him a big welcome home. Liliana and Diana smiled when they saw him, and both Austin and Max were pleased to have their friend home. Belle was introduced to Braedey, and the GWR 4900 engine was happy to have the LB&SCR E1 be a new friend.

Once back home, Braedey got back into the rhythm, and he was back to taking tourist trains around the Lake District. Belle also helped out with him and Diana, Austin and Max also happy to have their friend back. Braedey would occasionally tell his friends about the other engines on Sodor, as well as the events that had transpired while he was on the island, and the others would revel in the news.

The others would ask him, 'Maybe we could go to Sodor', and Braedey would reply, 'You will have to talk to Mr. Franklin about it', and the others agreed to this.

~*~*~

On an early yet brisk morning, Mr. Franklin drove up to the sheds to give an announcement. Braedey and Liliana were both just fired up, and ready to get the first trains shunted and ready for the others when they're fired up and ready.

"Everyone. I have some good news." Mr. Franklin began, the engines looking to the redhead. "I've managed to call Shadow's owner, asking if he could come back to our railway to help. Also, I've made some lengthy calls, and an engine from the National Railway Museum will be arriving here as well. It'll be a surprise for both Shadow and all of you." He added.

"Ooh." The engines did sound excited for meeting the two new engines soon, except for Croghan, obviously.

"Pah! All this for two engines coming." Croghan grumbled. "Who gives a damn?"

Mr. Franklin narrowed his eyes at the GT3 Turbine engine. "For that, Croghan, you shall remain in the sheds until further notice." He stated.

Croghan looked at the controller. "What?! You can't do that!" He said back.

"I can, and I will." Mr. Franklin spoke back firmly. He turned back to Braedey and the others. "Now, when the new engines a hearty welcome." He said calmly.

"Yes, sir." The engines replied in unison. With that, Mr. Franklin walked away.

"So, Shadow are coming, as well as someone from the National Railway Museum." Diana wondered. "Who might the second engine be?"

"Who knows for now." Braedey chuffed. "I'd better get the trains ready to go."

"And I need to go and check if any parts of the line need maintenance." Liliana added, she and Braedey heading off to sort out the trains, and check on the tracks.

~*~*~

Meanwhile, Shadow was making his way down to the Josephine Railway, feeling good about seeing his friends again. Along the way, he did pass by some diesels, who tooted their horns in hello to him, and he whistled back to them.

Many miles further down the line, far behind Shadow, another engine was making her way down towards the Josephine Railway. She was going to surprise Shadow when she arrived, and as well a surprise to the engines on the railway. The engine's name was Madeline.