Chapter Sixty: Old Friends & Memories

Amelia the Double-Decker Bus has made quite an impact on the North Western Railway, mostly in helping out those and being a friendly face for those to meet and greet when they get the chance. They all can agree that Amelia is so much better than Bulgy in every single conceivable way.

~*~*~

Today seems like a relaxing day for both the N

Today seems like a relaxing day for both the N.W.R and the J.R engines. Diana was taking an enthusiast's train from Barrow-in-Furness to Vicarstown on Sodor, since they were heading to the Vicarstown Railway Museum. The enthusiasts were to take pictures and interviews of the engines there, including Colin, Lily, and Adam, the three Wellsworth and Suddery Railway engines. Turns out they were purchased by the railway museum back in the early 80's to preserve them and keep them away from the clutches of British Railways.

"Please, enjoy yourselves." Diana said to the many enthusiasts as they go on ahead to look at the vast variety of locomotives and rolling stock around the Vicarstown Railway Museum.

As Diana was getting her tender loaded with coal, she saw Peter going by with a heavy goods train, passing by Hayden with another heavy goods train on the opposite line, the two engines whistling to one another, just as Braedey steams by with an express, the three tender engines exchanging whistles to each other. She is happy to see Hayden smiling to others as they go along, but also wonders about the relationship between Hayden and the others. But as she did so, she heard the guard blow his whistle, so she began to leave the station.

~*~*~

Hayden, meanwhile, he had delivered his goods train to Elsbridge Station for the others to sort and also handle. Once he did so, he made his way over to a water tower to refuel and top up his boiler and tender tank. As he does so, he saw Braedey arriving alongside him with some flatbed goods he delivered from the Brendam Branch.

"Hey, Braedey

"Hey, Braedey." The GWR King Class locomotive called out to the crimson GWR Hall Class engine. "You doing well?"

"Been better than ever, especially since I've gotten some new wheel bearings for my axle boxes and tender axles." Braedey smiled back. "I feel so much better and feel lighter on my wheels."