Chapter Sixty-Eight: 𝗗.𝗚.𝗦.𝗦.𝗘 - 𝗘𝗻𝗱𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗣𝘁𝟱 - 𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗵 & 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆

Previously...

"You think it's all over... Oh, you are sorely mistaken, my dear engine." Goliath spoke darkly, a wicked smirk slowly forming upon his face. "There will come a time when the world will finally reject the concept of steam locomotion, and all of you will face the prospect of the Final Firing. Once it happens, you, your friends, and the entire North Western Railway, and eventually, the entire world will change for the betterment of the D.G.S.S.E forever. After all is said and done..." His expression now looked much darker. "You shall soon learn... I am... Inevitable."

The sound of breaking stones could be heard, getting the two locomotive's attention. Braedey looks around, and took notice of the viaduct beginning to break apart and collapse in places, falling into the deep valley down below. Goliath also took notice of this, his eyes now widening as he realised where he is now, and he cannot move. The viaduct groaned as it continues to break apart. Braedey wisely retreats away from the collapsing section.

"You might be right about what you say, but we'll face the end when it's our time. And there's also one thing you have gotten wrong about your plans, Goliath." Braedey stated as he stopped. "It won't be MY Final Firing... it shall be yours!"

Braedey blew his whistle long and loud, the viaduct now collapsing and falling apart, the sound of rumbling and falling debris echoing out, swallowing out Goliath's screams as he fell into the valley below with the falling viaduct, a wall of smoke and dust rising up from the collapse...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The dust soon began to settle around the valley, an air of silence floating all around the area. Braedey, the crimson GWR Hall Class locomotive, stood at the end of what was once the old viaduct, looking on over at where Goliath the prototype BR Standard 9F and leader of the D.G.S.S.E was beforehand. The dust down below obscured anything in the valley, swallowing up the viaduct and the villainous locomotive.

Braedey continues to stare on into the valley below, his eyes narrowed as he looks on at the cloud of dust. He wanted to make sure Goliath was gone. As the cloud of dust began to settle and clear up, he could see the rubble of what was once the viaduct lying in a huge pile of brickwork, concrete, and steel rails. But what did catch Braedey's eyes is the torn, twisted, wrecked remains of Goliath right in the middle - his boiler was wrecked and broken, boiler tubes protruding out of the boiler shell, his wheels and axles all snapped and damaged beyond repair, his cab wrecked as well from the debris, while his smokebox was obscured from view by a pile of brick and steel rails. But it was clear Goliath is no more.

Braedey finally breathed a sigh of relief, steam flowing from his cylinder cocks, his form settling down, his fire settling in his firebox. "Finally... it's over..." He sighed. He then spotted Goliath's nameplate, as well as the scorched insignia of the D.G.S.S.E. "Let's end this..."

After that, Braedey began to reverse away from the fallen viaduct, taking the long way around the valley, and began to trek back to the D.G.S.S.E Headquarters to finish what's been started. He did feel tired from speeding across the country to chase after Goliath, but he did so to make sure that everyone will survive on to a new day. Now, it was time to end all of this madness.