Shrugging, Mercury can't find a reason to deny him.

"Fine, I guess I'll fight this big oaf."

In the stands Yang heard this and starts to stand up, her eyes going red...no one calls her Titan a big oaf. Then Blake holds her arm.

"Yang, you know what Y/N can do. Let him fight his own battle. I bet he's going to win this without breaking a sweat."

Yang takes a second to calm down. Then she thinks over Blake's words. It's true, Y/N is quite the accomplished fighter. Hell the only person she'd say that could give him a run for his money is Uncle Qrow. He has this in the bag. That doesn't stop her from yelling out in encouragement though.

"Kick his ass Titan!"

Y/N raises his right hand high and gives Yang the peace sign. She smiles in response, her boyfriend is already in the zone. After a quick check to make sure all his gear is ready, Y/N nods to Glynda. He's ready. Mercury just struts down into the ring, taking his sweet time. All the while sizing Y/N up. By the time he's in the arena, Pyrrha is already in the stands sitting next to her team, eager to see this. Mercury sees the large sword and the hooded cloak. He smirks and whispers to Y/N.

"So, looks like you took lessons from an old drunk huh? Well, after I beat you, I'll go and show him that his style is out of date and obsolete too."

Y/N fully knows that Mercury is trying to bait him, but can't help the vein on his forehead that starts to bulge out, even with his signature smile still firmly in place. He remains silent until Glynda gives them the go ahead.

"Remember boys, knockout or Aura in the red are the stopping conditions. Alright...match start!"

With that Mercury starts it off with a swift kick towards Y/N's thigh. Watching closely, Y/N catches it and redirects the momentum. Mercury is thrown off balance, but quickly recovers by shooting a bullet from his boot to redirect himself back into the right path. He throws a few quick and light kicks at Y/N's legs, who tanks a couple before getting used to them. He then starts to block the kicks with his own. Y/N smirks, he hasn't even had to unsheath any weapons yet and he was playing with Mercury. Mercury gets visibly thrown by this, so he decides to knock Y/N off balance mentally so he can do so physically. He gets close to Y/N and taunts quietly.

"Maybe if I bet you, I'll lure that blonde bombshell of yours to my bed instead of yours."

Y/N's smile falters just for a second as does his reflexes. Mercury thinks he has gained the upper hand. In reality, he's just pissed Y/N off. He decided to let Mercury think he has the upper hand and slows down his reactions a bit. At this, team RWBY and Pyrrha are surprised.

Ruby Rose turns toward Emerald sitting behind her.

"Hey, your friend's doing pretty good."

Emerald gives a fake smile and then rolls her eyes as Ruby turns her back.

Pyrrha is studying Y/N, knowing that he is quite a bit better than this showing. Then she sees a glint in his eyes and leans back to Yang. 

"Yang. This isn't good."

Yang replies confidently. 

"This is nothing, he can beat this schmuck."

Pyrrha shook her head.

"No you don't understand. He has that glint in his eyes…"

Yang's face goes very pale as she sees what Pyrrha pointed out.