~Bucky: Dreamboat~

Wassup

"Bucky, are you sure about this?" You asked carefully, relishing in the warmth of his hand pressed against your back. The coolness of his mechanic hand traced along your cheek and made you shiver slightly. You could feel his heartbeat under your palms that were placed firmly on his chest, and his light breath that was fanning across your lips. He was so close to you, and although you didn't want to push it, you didn't want to move either.

"I am so beyond sure." He whispered, eyes flicking to meet yours to further prove his point. "(Y/N), I have wanted to do this for so long."

"Then what are you waiting for, soldier?" You whispered back. He began to lean closer, so close you didn't how how he wasn't just kissing you already-

You opened your eyes to see the ceiling above your bed. The lovesick smile on your face dropped as soon as you realized that your intimate moment with Bucky was just another dream. It was just one of the many dreams you had been having about your best friend, lately. 

You sat up with a slight groan, hands coming up to rub your eyes, trying to get the thought of his arms around you out of your mind. You sat there for a moment, just trying to ground yourself and calm your heart. You got so worked up about him, even the dream version of him.

Crawling out of bed, you threw your hair up haphazardly and trudged to the en suite. The mirror revealed tired eyes and a disappointed frown, but you had every right to be disappointed. Not even your own subconsciousness could let you give that man a kiss. You reached for the toothbrush and began to wash up, making yourself semi presentable before stepping out into the world. When living in the compound, avoiding any reason for Tony to pick on you was key. And, since he knew about your little crush, you had to be extra careful. Any 'innocent' joke could let everyone know about your feelings towards Bucky. God knows Tony can't keep a secret.

After changing into leggings and a sweatshirt, you walked out of your room on the first level and towards the elevator. Pressing the button for the third level- which held the kitchen- you leaned against the back wall with your arms folded across your chest. You began to zone out, thinking about your dream once again, when the elevator dinged, signaling its stop on the second level. Much to your dismay, he had to be getting on, in all of his tight-shirt and man-bun glory.

"Goodmorning, (Y/N)," He said with a slight smile, his voice slightly graveled from his sleep.

You could've fainted.

"Goodmorning." You almost whispered back, trying to fight a blush while also not staring. He leaned against the wall right next to you, his shoulder almost brushing yours.

"I heard Stark came in last night, you think we'll have a mission here soon?" He asked, a twinge on hope in his voice. It had been a while since anything exciting had happened, and Tony only stays at the compound if there's something exciting.

"I try not to get my hopes up." You joked, turning to meet his eyes. He chuckled a bit, a sound that almost made your knees buckle.

"I'm sure something fun will happen soon." He said, throwing an arm around your shoulder and giving you a slight squeeze. A few weeks ago, that gesture would've just been friendly and nonchalant. Now, it made your cheeks red and your heart race. You gave a nervous laugh to keep from being too awkward, but you couldn't help it. You just liked him so much. Not only was he generous, funny, loving, and just an all around good guy, but he was so hot. 

The elevator finally reached the third floor, you and Bucky walking out alongside each other.

"Thing 1 and Thing 2 have arrived!" Tony announced dramatically, earning a death glare from you. He just wore that shit-eating grin that made his face just... slappable.