Wake Up

"(Y/N)!"

"No!"

"Stop!"

You ran through the halls in your waitressing uniform, the apron and all. You had just gotten back from a late shift to screaming and crying. And you could recognize the voice from anywhere.

Bucky.

You bust through the doors, hastily untying your apron and letting it fall to the floor. Bucky was sitting on his bed, his knees pulled to his chest, crying softly and mumbling things in Russian to himself.

"Buck..." You said softly, to not startle him. His head slowly raised in your direction, his blue eyes bright and shining even through the darkness and gloom that was heavy in the air.

"Why are you here?" He practically spat. "Go away! I don't need you to haunt me!"

You were taken aback by his hostility, but remembered the dream he must've had. He didn't think it was a dream.

"You had a nightmare, Buck-"

"You wake up from nightmares!" He screamed through tears. "You wake up! Why can't I wake up, (Y/N)? Please... just help me wake up."

He recoiled into himself again, his sobs now echoing through the room. You took hesitant steps over to him, then slowly sat on the matress.

"You're awake, James. I promise." You said softly. He looked at you through his lashes, looking like a kicked puppy.

"It doesn't feel like it." He mumbled.

"Sometimes we have to live some of our nightmares to get them out of our head." You moved closer, placing a gentle hand on his arm, but he quickly jerked away.

"Please don't touch me. Please don't let me hurt you."

"You're not going to hurt me."

"How do you know?"

"Because I know you."

He fell silent, but noticeably relaxed a bit. You took advantage of it and wrapped your arms around him, which he returned.

"Thank you." He whispered into your hair.

"Anything for you."

"I love you."

You pulled away a bit to look at him, shocked at what he just said.

"What?" You asked.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

You pressed your lips to his, sharing a sweet and gentle kiss.

"I love you, too, James."