□■Bucky : Saved■□

You push the barrel of your gun against Alexander Peirce's head. He glanced at the bodies around him, and a terrified look flashed in his eyes for a second, but quickly disappeared.

"Sit." You ordered in a steely tone. He obeyed with a smirk on his face. You almost smacked it off. One of your men cuffed him, then stood guard as you approached your target.

The Winter Soldier lay on an angled chair, a mouth guard pressed in between his teeth, fists clenched at his side as he gasped for air. His hands were strapped to his sides, and his eyes followed your every movement.

"I need you to calm down." You said in an authoritative voice. His breathing became more even, and you silently thanked the gods.

"We are here to help." He looked confused at your words, but remained silent. "But you have to promise to remain calm." You removed his mouth guard.

There was a pause before he spoke.

"The man on the bridge."

"I knew him."

You felt relief wash over you, he had remembered!

"Who was he?" He asked.

"He used to be your friend." You explained in a softer tone.

"Who's Bucky?"

You took a deep breath. "You are."

His eyes widened a bit, but quickly returned to normal, just as Peirce did a second ago.

"Don't let them talk you out of your mission, soldier!" Speak of the devil.

"Shut him up!" You shout, and the same man that cuffed him throws a punch, knocking Peirce out. You turn back to Bucky, hesitantly taking his human hand in yours.

"Do you want to go see that man?" He firmly gripped your hand before nodding. You carefully released his hand from the restraints, and he sat up.

You handed him a long sleeve shirt and gloves to hide his arm, and he quickly and fluidly put them on.

"Let's go, Bucky." You said, offering your hand. He took it, and didn't let go as you guided him to the armored S.H.E.I.L.D car.

He was like a child, neglected and abused, and clung to you even through the car ride and as you arrived at S.H.E.I.L.D.

"Director, target obtained." You say as you enter the conference room. Fury nodded in approval, then motioned for someone to enter.

Steve stepped into the room, pain and relief filling his facial features when he looked at his former best friend. You felt Bucky stiffen, and he stepped slightly behind you.

"Bucky." Steve said, taking a cautious step forward. "Do you know who I am?"

"You're the man on the bridge." He replied. "I know you." His voice shook a bit, and you felt his hand grasp yours once again. Steve began to say something else, but you cut him off.

"I think he needs rest. He's been through a lot today." The Director nodded again, and you led Bucky to his room by his hand.

You were about to close the door behind you, but a metal hand stopped it, a sad and disturbed face peeking through.

"Please stay." He pleaded.

"O-Okay." You stuttered. You sat next to him on his couch, letting an awkward and tense silence fill the air.

"Why are you helping me?" He asked through the silence.

"Because there are people here that care about you." You replied.

"Like the man from the bridge?"

"Yes. That's Steve. You used to be best friends, Bucky."

"Why can't I remember?"

"You will. I promise."

He looked at you with sad eyes, and he looked so broken. You couldn't stop yourself from flinging your arms around him and engulfing him in a hug.

"Thank you." He whispered.

(A/N)

Part two?????

Comment!

-M.A.100