Art Class

High school AU

You walked into the art room timidly, hugging your black leather sketchbook to your chest. You found a seat near the back and took it, hoping you would be alone for the year.

Nope.

A small, thin, blonde boy with striking blue eyes sat next to you, pulling out a small, brown, leather journal. He looked at you and smiled before quickly looking away.

"Hi. I'm Steve. Steve Rogers."

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)." You replied, offering up a smile.

You were both silent during the class, you drawing a picture of a super hero. You glanced at Steve's journal to see a familiar face. He glanced up and saw you watching, blushing slightly.

"Do I know him?" You asked, pointing to his picture. The man had bright, big eyes, dark, floppy hair, and an adorable smirk.

"Maybe," Steve sighed, "it's my friend, Bucky. He goes here, and I hang out with him a lot. He kind of my brother, in a way."

"That's cute." You whispered, so Steve wouldn't hear. "What are his classes?" You ask a little louder.

"Um, I think it's journalism, spanish, biology, reading, then lunch with me, then math and piano, I beleive." Steve replied, pausing slightly between each class to think.

"Oh. I'll have lunch and piano with him, then." You shrugged.

"You should say hi. I think he'd like you."

"Oh no, that's a bit of a problem."

"Why?"

"I'm just shy. It's hard for me to approach people."

"Then I'll introduce you."

The bell rang, signaling the end of fourth period.

"Let's go eat." Steve said smiling warmly as you followed him to the cafeteria.

****

You and Steve sat at a table, lunches in hand. No one sat with you, but you didnt expect anything more. It was silent and enjoyable until a tray was set down across from you.

You looked up to see beautiful, sparkling blue eyes, silky brown hair, and that adorable smile. Bucky was cute. Really cute.

"Hi." He said with a smirk.

"Hi." You said quietly, averting your gaze.

"Oh, uh, Bucky," Steve said, putting a gentle hand on your shoulder, "this is (Y/N). We have art class together. And she has piano with you."

"I'm James. But you can call me Bucky." He said, sitting down. Your knees brushed for a second before you moved them slightly.

"Nice to meet you." You spoke softly, a hint of a smile dancing on your lips.

"You too." He replied. You kept your sight down as you ate. You didn't know that Bucky couldn't keep his eyes off of you, or how he descreetly tried to shift so your knees were touching again, or how he thought you were the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

To try and distract himself, he made small conversation with Steve.

"I'll be back. Forgot a fork." Bucky said, jumping up from his seat and walking towards the lunch line.

"Hey, Steve." A teasing voice said. You looked up to see Garrett, the football captain, standing over the small boy. "Ready to pick another fight?"

"I'd rather not waste my time." Steve spat.

"Oh yeah?" Garrett said and yanked Steve up by his collar.