We Are Infinite

SADIE’S POV

                Yawn. I sigh and sit up from my bed, reluctantly opening my eyes to adjust to the lighting in my room. My clock reads 8:15. Oh my God, this is way too early for me to even be awake.

                But, once I’m awake I feel as though there’s no going back to sleep. It’s just pointless.

                So, despite my internal struggles to stay in bed, I get up and walk out of my room in my PJs. I missed my home. Being in the house with everyone is great, but sometimes I just want to be with my family.

                My eyes peek into Niall’s room, which is right by mine, and I tilt my head slightly to peek inside- but he’s not in there. Where the hell could he be? I lightly laugh to myself and keep walking, quietly, to make sure I don’t wake anyone up.

                As I start to near the kitchen, it really does surprise me to hear voices. My family never wakes up early…

                I press my ear to the back of the wall to listen in to whoever is speaking. I know it’s wrong, but curiosity is hard to resist!

                “Yes, sir. I promise.” Niall’s voice says.

                “You seem like a very nice young man.” My mom says back.

                “It’s okay with me.” My dad adds.

                “I just hope you know what you’re signing up for.” Is that Jason’s voice?

                “I know. I can’t picture it any other way.” Niall speaks.

                What’s going on, though? I slowly walk in and smile. “Good morning, everyone.” A slight awkward pause occurs as they say hello to me. “So, what’s going on?”

                “We just wanted to meet Niall. And he woke up, so we were just talking.” Jason smiles.

                “He’s a very sweet young man, he is.” My mom laughs as she pats Niall lightly on the back.

                “Your family is great.” Niall grins as he stands up and hugs me. I can’t help but notice that his heart is racing… “So, as I’m sure you know, we have the first show of our promotion tour happening today where we get to reveal the new song, and I was wondering if you wanted to come?”

                “Is that even a question?” I smile and kiss his cheek. “Wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

                “Good.” He spins me around and drags me to the living room. “Hey, babe, I was going to go back to the apartment until tonight. Do you want to come or should I pick you up later?”

                “I’m going to stay here for a little bit. I’ll see you tonight, though.” He takes my face in his hands and gives me a quick kiss before grinning. “I’m going to say goodbye to your family. Bye, darling.”

                “Bye bye!” I smile as he walks back into the kitchen, saying his goodbyes, before leaving.

                I wonder what the whole discussion before was all about? It was all very peculiar. Oh well, I’m sure it’s nothing.

                NIALL’S POV

                As I enter the apartment, I’m immediately bombarded by questions from the uninvited guests that I didn’t know were coming. Hannah, Harry, Dalia, Liam, Zayn,  and Louis all jump up with a gazillion questions that I don’t really have answers for.