It's Christmas!

NIALL'S POV

December 24, 2012. I spent this day, alone, waiting for the love of my life to wake up from her own death. The doctors wouldn't allow more than one person to stay with her, and I stayed. We didn't tell her parents, because we didn't want to worry them on Christmas Eve, and all of our friends had to go back home. We didn't tell Louis either, because we didn't want to ruin his birthday.

At this point, it doesn't matter what I want- this is all about what God wants, and I'm just praying that He will allow Sadie to live.

The doctor walks in and I slightly look up with a hopeful look on my face. "Are the results in?"

"Yes, and I have some good news for you. Despite all odds, she will live. Her heart-rate has improved significantly and her breathing is back on track. I guess you could say it's a bit of a Christmas Miracle." The doctor smiles at me and sits down. "I suggest putting her in a rehab for a little while. At least until her emotions are under check again."

I don't respond, just stare at the ground with a blank expression on my face. How can I put her in a rehab? It's selfish, but I don't want to be away from her for that long.

"She's awake now. You can go talk to her if you'd like." He pats my back and points towards the hospital room.

With shaky steps, I walk towards the door. What if she doesn't want to be with me anymore? What if she's not the same? I'll love her no matter what... But it's the what if's in life that are the scariest.

I open the door and walk in, a breath of relief coming out when I see her lying on the bed with open eyes. She's staring out the window, but unlike the sad gaze she used to have when staring out the window at home, her look is almost hopeful.

My voice comes out raspy and tired, but I manage to say her name to catch her attention. "Sadie..."

She turns around and sees me- her eyes immediately filling with tears. "Niall, I'm so sorry!"

I walk to her hospital bed and sit down, wrapping my arms around her as we lie down on the bed together. "Never scare me like that ever again."

"I promise, I won't." Her voice is shakier than mine. "I'm so sorry..." Her shoulders shake violently as she cries into my chest.

My finger creeps its way under her chin and I tilt her head up to look me in the eyes. "Let's forget all of this."

Her lips part, as if she's debating what to say, and finally she shakes her head. "I don't want to forget. When I was unconscious, my whole life flashed before my eyes. I know it's cliché, but it happened. I saw the good, and the bad, and there was so much more good than bad. I can't believe I was stupid enough to try to kill myself. I know now, that suicide is never the answer." She takes my hand in hers and gives me a nervous squeeze. "Do you forgive me?"

I smile and pull her in closer to me and press my lips to hers lightly, and shake my head 'yes' to show I could never stay mad at her.

She pulls away and rests her head on my chest. "I love you."

"I love you, too. More than you will ever know. And I hope you understand that no matter what obstacles come our way, I want to face them together. I don't want you putting your life at stake anymore. You're my entire world, Sadie. Without you, I'm incomplete. Don't ever leave me." I draw little hearts into her legs and she shivers at my touch, making me smile a little.