Meeting The Collins

“Is everything okay?” He immediately asks.

                “Yeah. My sister-in-law just had a baby. This is Lana.” I smile and hold out my niece.

                His eyes light up and he smiles at her before pulling me to the side. “I was worried sick about you.”

                “Niall, about the other nigh-” I start, but he cuts me off.

                “Let’s pretend like it didn’t happen. Every second you were gone I felt like I was…”

                “Incomplete.” We both say at the same time.

                His hands reach for mine and he kisses my cheek- the warm feel of his lips on my skin giving me that old, familiar feel of being loved.

                “I missed you.” He leans in to kiss me but my dad coughs, breaking us apart.

                “Oh! Niall, meet my mom, dad, brother, and sister-in-law.” I quickly say.

                “It’s a pleasure to meet you all.” He says, slightly shy. I can tell he’s uncomfortable- maybe it’s just nerves getting the best of him.

                My mom smiles and runs over, giving him a big hug. “Nice to meet you, sweetheart! I’ve heard so many great things about you. You’re even cuter than on Sadie’s old posters!”

                Red instantly flushes onto my cheeks and he bursts out laughing, a little less tense. “Thank you, Mrs. Collins.”

                Jason holds out his hand to shake and grins. “I’m Jason. Great to meet you.”

                “You too.” Niall smiles, politely.

                “Keep in mind that I’m in the military and if you break my little sister’s heart, I would find a place to hide, popstar.” He winks and sits down, leaving Niall standing there with his jaw-open.

                I sigh. “One boyfriend, Jason. I just want to have one boyfriend that you don’t scare away.”

                “As your older brother, I’m afraid it’s my job.” He smirks.

                “Don’t worry. I’ll never break her heart. I’m not going anywhere.” Niall smiles and wraps his arms around my waist, gaining a glare from my dad.

                “Sir, it’s very nice to finally meet you. I’m sorry I didn’t come sooner, but with the band’s schedule, it’s very difficult to find spare time.” Niall apologizes to my dad.

                “It’s okay… I’m happy my daughter finally found someone who cares about her. I never liked that Heath boy.” He sighs.

                “I will never hurt her. I promise.” He smiles and then turns to Violet. “And it’s nice to meet you, as well. Congratulations on the beautiful baby.”

                “Maybe one day you and Sadie will have a family of your own.” She laughs.

                “Violet!” I gasp. “Don’t make things awkward!”

                “As your brother’s wife, that’s my job.” She grins.

                Niall laughs and looks around. “I love your family. I wish I could have met them a little sooner.”

                “Better late than never.” Jason smiles.

                Little Lana starts crying in Violet’s arms and she sighs. “I think that’s our cue to start heading home.”

                Jason nods. “We’ll definitely come back and forth these next few months. Don’t be strangers.”

                “I’ll come see you tomorrow.” I smile and hug my brother as Violet starts heading to the car.

                “Bye mom, dad. See you later, Niall.” He waves to everyone and runs after his wife happily.

                “Sadie, are you spending the night here?” My mom asks. “It’s awfully late… Niall can stay here, too.”

                “Oh, no. That’s way too much to ask.” He says.

                “Sweetheart, it’s no problem at all.” Mom says.

                “Just know that you get to sleep in the guest room.” My dad informs.

                “Of course, sir.” Niall stutters.

                I giggle start walking to my room, with Niall following behind.

                “Where’s the guest room?” He asks.

                “Next door to mine. You need clothes, right?”

                “Do you have any?”

                “Yeah… You can borrow Jason’s clothes. There are some in the closet, first door to the left.”

                I hear his quiet footsteps as he enters Jason’s old room.

                Everything is back to normal, and I couldn’t be happier.

                NIALL’S POV

                My phone vibrates and I read a text from Liam.

                Did you do it?

                I sigh and respond Soon, probably tomorrow. I think I should make a good impression on her parents first.

                He quickly answers Good luck! Bring us the news. :)

                I put my phone away with shaky hands and smile to myself. Such a bittersweet moment for me. I don’t know if what my heart is telling me to do is right, but I know that I’m ready. I just hope she is.

                Wish me luck.

~~Author's Note~~

OKAY. TWO THINGS. 1. How are you liking the Nialls POVS? 2. What do you think Niall needs luck for? WHAT IS HAPPENING?! Youre comments make my life guys, becoming a fan, voting, and adding to your lists are great too<3 I'll update again next week<3 love always, sadie.