After like 6 months of hard work, Ishu finally managed to cope up and started to smile.  But by that time, I was so attached to her that I couldn't decide whether to leave her. Again, she was just 4 years old girl who had lost everything back then and just began to smile. I noticed whenever I came late due to my works or not keep my promises to buy her something or take her somewhere she used to get sad. She kept asking whether I'll leave her too... ... And all that was not going well with me. I did want to keep her with me but my work is coming in between. So, I decided to put her in boarding school, for which it took a hardship to make her understand. I took her custody legally but got to know that her father is still wanting to keep her, even though he was in jail. So, finally, I put her in boarding school in New Delhi and accompanied her there some days. She got familiar with the surroundings and teachers and made friends.

After that, we used to talk like once a month. She used to share about how was she doing and all. I last talked to her more than a month ago when she told me that she has exams ahead so I didn't disturb her thinking she'll call once it's over....

But, what happened? Why was she crying like that?" Nandini asked turning to Jeff.

All of the others held pain hearing Ishita's story as to how a small girl suffer so much. Even though I never liked kids as they r so noisy... but I kinda attached to Ishu.

"I don't know. I was in Delhi for a camp and was returning when I thought to pay her a visit. When I reached I got to know that she's not attending classes for 2 days. I got to her room and found her crying. I did ask her what's wrong but she just kept on telling me that I could take her to her mom. And I'm here with her..." Jeff explained the scenario.

"Thank u so much Jeff. Thank god that u paid her a visit or else I couldn't have known of these. I wonder why didn't she call me?" Nandu said wondering.

"That's no need. I'm ur friend n she's so lovely to get my attention. Moreover, I think, she'll open up to u about what's actually wrong, so..." Jeff said with an assuring smile.

"hmmm... For now, I made her sleep as she was crying continuously... I'll try asking once she wakes." nandu said.

I noticed that till now, none on her in-laws say anything... She too noticed that.

"I'm sorry mom, it didn't cross my mind to tell u beforehand. After I came here, I hadn't talked to her... so, I never got a chance to tell u about this." Nandu said looking at Aunty who was lost. I sensed Nandu to tense up...

"Mom... I..." Nandu started with nervousness when Aunty cut her coming out of thoughts...

"Don't say sorry" She said sternly.

This made Nandu really worried even me too. I saw Manik too looking at his mom with a questioning look while others r also confused as to what will she say?

"Don't be sorry, Nandu! I'm not mad at u... It's just that I was thinking how much that little girl had to endure in such a tender age." Aunty said making Nandu sigh in relief.

"Mom... I'm hungry" Navya said lightening the surrounding.

"Oh han! Let's have breakfast." Aunty said getting up and we followed.

"Jeff, u also come, have something." she added.

"Thank u Aunty, I was hungry." Jeff answered with a smile and we all had breakfast.

.....

Nandini's POV

After sometimes, Ishita woke up and came out registering unknown environment and calling for "Mummaaa"