Be A Man - Male Reader

"Right, I'm ready to go."

Loki let out a sound of relief and looked up from the quiz he'd been completing in the magazine his boyfriend had left lying around, his eyebrow quirking as he looked the young man over.

"What the hell is that?"

You glanced down, shrugging a little while tugging on the bottom of the baggy jumper you'd thrown on.

"Just something I threw on, are we going or not?"

Loki sighed and rubbed his forehead in exasperation but threw the magazine onto the coffee table and stood up anyway, straightening out the lapels of the jacket he'd put on.

"I suppose we are."

"What?" You scowled, fiddling with the sleeves of the jumper. "Don't you like it?"

"I do, of course I like you in anything it's just," Loki's eyes roamed over you again before he let out another loaded sigh, "it's date night, I thought you might put in some effort."

You rolled your eyes, folding your arms across your chest.

"No amount of 'effort' will make this better."

Loki reared back as if you had hit him, his face scrunched up in the most confused expression you had ever seen him display.

"Excuse me?"

"What? I can't feel insecure because I'm a man? I have to suck it up and pretend I don't feel like shit? Suck in my podge and put on a brave face? You know; Be a man."

Now, Loki could get easily offended at a lot of things but never had you look this offended over something, as if he had just bought you a gold encrusted puppy that you chose to kick rather than hug.

"I've never heard anything so ludicrous in my life," he continued, scoffing like a drama queen, "and that's a long life, so you know what you're saying is ridiculous."

"It's not, I'm allowed to have an ugly day."

"Ugly?" He gasped, once again being dramatic. "I beg to differ."

"You would," you rolled your eyes, "can we just go and stop talking about me?"

Loki stared at you, narrowing his eyes slowly before huffing.

"Fine, but if you are going out ugly, then I guess I will be going out ugly too."

You watched with a face scrunched in confusion as a green shimmer ran over his body and he stood there, looking as immaculate as ever.

"There, I'm ready," he said, walking over.

"What do you mean? You exactly the same as ever, that's not ugly."

"I know," Loki shrugged, looking at you pointedly.

You were almost ashamed to admit how long it took the cogs in your brain to click together and connect to his point, when they finally did all you could muster out was a small; "Oh."

"Yes," he chuckled, nudging your chin with a finger to make you meet his gaze so he could flash you his devilishly handsome smirk. "So, shall we go, my ugly duckling?"