Simply Be - Trans (FtM) Reader - Request by _BlackEyedAngel_

"Someone looks troubled."

You looked to your right, seeing Loki striding over with his typical air of confidence that was topped off with his cocky smirk.

A confidence you wished you had in that moment.

"I'm fine," you said, knowing you had failed to convince him otherwise.

"Someone who is fine doesn't wear a face my brother could be the God of."

"I'm allowed to be in a bad mood."

"Naturally, as I am allowed to ask you why."

Loki sat down next to you, putting you a little on edge.

You had known the not-quite-Asgardian for a few years and had developed an unlikely friendship with the God, he was a breath of fresh air compared to other people who could be tiring and for someone who had once attempted to take over 'Midgard', as he called it, he was surprisingly chill and a fantastic listener.

But you weren't sure if you wanted to talk to him in that moment.

Loki knew of your personal uncertainty, even if it had taken him a while to understand why it was such a major thing in your life.

"I'm not sure I understand why this is a problem, people don't bat an eyelid at fluidity in Asgard."

"Because," you had said with a long sigh, "unlike there, people can't just change their gender at a whim here, if we could all do that there'd be a lot of happier people out there."

He hadn't batted an eyelid when you told him the truth about yourself, he had merely shrugged and said that you being a trans male didn't affect how he saw you in the slightest and he continued his flirtatious teasing as if you hadn't just told him a life changing fact about yourself.

It was great to have Loki to confide in, someone who would get where you were coming from for the most part.

Sure, his situation was completely different from what you were experiencing, but he understood enough to be a sympathetic ear when you were in some of your worst moments.

When you were feeling particularly dysphoric about your body.

When a depressive episode had reared its ugly head.

When you felt isolated and uncertain about yourself.

Loki had been patient and understanding from the moment you first told him that you were male, despite any physical indications towards the opposite.

He had taken to using your preferred name and terminology without question or objection.

When you needed time alone, he would give you that without trying to push his opinions or advice like others would attempt to.

One night you had kept him up with a long conversation about presenting in a way you felt comfortable and the other options you had available, him even offering to give you a little boost with his magic if you ever wished to go down that route.

Simply put, Loki was Loki and you couldn't have asked for a better friend.

Nor for a better crush.

Even so, that didn't make your current predicament any easier.

You stared at the coffee table in front of you, finding the fruit bowl particularly interesting, while Loki opened up the book he had carried in with him and read in silence.

Minutes ticked by and there was nothing to disturb it beyond your own thoughts and doubts, which seemed to echo and repeat louder and louder until you couldn't take it.

Turning to Loki, you took a deep breath and decided to air your concerns.

"I'm thinking of coming out to my family."

Loki finished the paragraph that he was reading, then slipped the bookmark between the pages before letting the book fall shut and setting it in his lap.

"And that's what has you so worked up?"

"Yes," you nodded, looking completely uncertain, "I'm terrified."

"In case they don't accept you?"

"Precisely, sometimes it's obvious to know how someone will react, but I have no idea how they will."

"Is it obvious though?" He asked, raising his eyebrow, "sometimes people surprise us, people you think will react well don't and others you think will judge you simply accept a new fact, people are completely unpredictable no matter how well you know them."

"That doesn't help."

"It wasn't supposed to, it was merely to illustrate a point."

"One that doesn't help," you griped.

"No, but what do you expect me to say? I can only encourage you to follow your gut if you feel it's the right time and if they don't accept you then you know I am here to make it better," he smiled at you, "maybe freeze their house over."

You laughed softly, shaking your head.

"Wouldn't they already know?" He continued, "with how you present yourself and all that."

"No," you scoffed, rolling your eyes, "they seem to think it's some kind of phase."

"Maybe they're uncertain?"

"Maybe," you shrugged, "they may not even take me coming out seriously."

"That would be foolish as it's a very large thing to play pretend coming out about."

"Yeah, well, people will believe what they want if it makes their own life easier."

Loki nodded then moved closer, putting an arm around your shoulders and pulling you into a tight hug.

"Don't fret, I know you are strong and can manage to pull through this," he looked down at you with a fond smile, "we all have our confessions to make and it takes a brave person to go through with them."

You looked up at him, eyeing him curiously.

"Wait, do you have a confession to make, Loki?"

"Me?" He chuckled, shrugging a little, "maybe so, but this is about you, not me."

"Oh, come on, you can't tease me like that."

He grinned widely, that mischievous twinkle dancing in his eye as it typically did.

"I can and will, but maybe you'll learn about it in the near future."

"You're such a tease."

"I am," he smirked at you, giving you a small wink, "but you love it."