For Life - Part Two

You stared at the man who sat in the armchair diagonal to your couch, his posture a little slouched and his long legs falling open in a display that would warrant an entire Buzzfeed article with cries of the evils of manspreading.

Words were failing you, your mouth opening and closing as you tried to structure a sentence.

"I'm so confused," you finally said, shaking your head.

"I can understand why," he laughed, nodding slowly, "it's a confusing time for us all."

"You're really telling me that you're Loki, my Loki?"

"I am."

"And were you always secretly human?"

"Not in the slightest," he grinned in amusement, "though it would have been advantageous."

"And where did you get the clothes from?"

"The people who helped me after I changed."

"And how did you change?"

"Let me start from the beginning."

The story started with you leaving for work, as per usual, with Loki still eating his fancy food from his ceramic, specially engraved bowl.

Once his stomach was full and you had been gone for around fifteen minutes, he jumped onto the couch to have a lounge in the sunspot that peeked in through the open curtains. Though, with it being a winter sun, it wasn't as warm as he would have liked, it was good enough for an after breakfast nap.

All was peaceful, until he felt a familiar grumbling in his stomach and knew that it was time to head out on his usual outside trip.

Each day you were at work, Loki would find a way to get outside and would disappear on little adventures, sometimes going for blocks at a time before he needed to get back for you.

Most days were uneventful, sometimes he would stumble across other cats fighting, sometimes he would wind up the local dogs until their owners came out to tell them to be quiet. Each day was a different adventure and rarely did he return home feeling unsatisfied with his little trip.

"What? You've been going out this entire time?" You gasped.

"Oh, don't look so surprised," he rolled his eyes a little, "didn't you ever wonder why the littler box was never used? It's undignified."

"You asshole! I spent so much money taking you to the vets because I was worried about that!"

Loki chuckled and shrugged, "It's not as if I could communicate to you about it."

"So you snuck around like a regular little tomcat but acted like an indoor animal around me? That's sneaky."

"Sneaky is my nature, but don't degrade me down to a tomcat, most females around here aren't worth a second glance."

"Not even that pretty cat down the street? That tabby one?"

Loki pulled a face and glanced you over as if you had just insulted his entire ancestry, then continued on as if you had said nothing.

It transpired that on his way home, Loki happened upon the neighbouring dog, who was going on his afternoon walk around the time that he was returning home for another lounge on the couch.

"Seeing him was like the golden ticket," Loki smirked, "I was almost home but there wasn't any chance in the world that I was giving up this opportunity."

Unfortunately for Loki, he had spent just a little too much time winding the canine up without noticing that in his barking and wriggling to get to the feline, Thor had managed to work his way out of his collar.