In Your Own Time

"You're staring."

Loki snapped his eyes away from his intended target and looked up to his brother, his stance immediately tensing as he went into automatic defense mode.

"I am not."

Thor merely rolled his eyes and laughed at his brother, shaking his head slowly.

"I think even he can feel the hole you're burning into the back of his head."

Loki fought the urge to flip his brother off and looked back towards the visitors.

A royal family from another realm were visiting Asgard for talks of a betrothal, their princess for Asgard's prince when they came of age.

The talk was set to begin in a few minutes and the two teens found themselves loitering in the hall while waiting for Thor to be called in.

Down the hall from them stood the princess, who was busy fixing her hair in its already perfect bun while talking to her brother who looked ready to be out of the situation as quickly as possible.

The prince had caught Loki's eye as soon as he entered the room and ever since he found himself staring each time they were in the same vicinity, though he'd adamantly deny it if caught and called out on it.

A few times they made eye contact and the visiting prince would give a small smile and a wave before quickly averting his gaze, neither of the Asgardian princes had managed to have a proper conversation with him and Loki intended to change that.

To say that he had a minor crush on the boy would be a lie, but to deny that he knew of his reputation would be an even bigger one.

Word had spread about the prince's promiscuous activities.

Apparently, he had taken many acclaimed women into his chambers and they left with nothing but praises on their lips and a bounce in their steps.

Rumours spread far and wide and the prince soon had a reputation of being a ladies man, Loki had at first mocked the prospect that a man of his status would be so openly acclaimed in sexual promiscuity and that it had to be an exaggeration but looking at the handsome man in question, he was led to believe that claims were true on looks alone.

A mere smile would cause any woman's heart to flutter and give in to his whims.

Though apparently this was a smile not given to men and Loki felt a surge to jealousy at the thought.

Luckily for him, he had a plan.

The visiting prince bid his sister a farewell and walked off minutes before she and Thor were called into the main hall.

Thor shot his brother a look that read a tired; "Here we go," before turning and heading inside.

Already knowing that this was going to be an utter disaster, Loki gave him a mocking grin and wave then watched as the door closed, once it clicked shut and the hallway fell into silence, he turned on his heel and took quick strides to find his target.

He knew where he was, the visiting prince had taken a liking to the Asgardian library and was said to have talked to a few of the librarians there.

In fact, some of the women were quite taken with him and Loki found that his stomach flipped in envy at the notion that perhaps the prince had bedded one of the younger ones, but he pushed that thought aside and continued on his way.

The sound of boots colliding on the polished floor soon became the click of heels as leather armour was replaced by an elegant green and black dress that hugged a well curved figure.