Warped Mind Games - Part Two

(I know, this one has been a long time coming and I hope this makes up for the wait. I believe there will be at least one or two more chapters to this one.)

Time passed slowly and painfully after what Loki had done.

It seemed that every time I closed my eyes I would see the two there, in a position I had never wanted to witness Loki in with another and his admission that he had wanted it to be me only made it hurt more.

I knew he was a man of strange logic, but I never imagined that my best friend would hurt me as he had.

There was no way that people around us didn't notice our lack of communication, how I had distanced myself from him and yet no one seemed to ask why, which was probably for the best.

I didn't have it in my heart to talk about what had happened, I just wanted to move on, which was proving hard during an extended stay in the one place that reminded me of him.

I wasn't sure if Loki had spent any time trying to actively talk to me or if he too was avoiding me, but I had barely seen hide nor tail of him since the other night.

Thor stepped up to the plate and proved to be a valuable friend in my time of need.

He never openly said it, but I believed that Loki had told him what had happened, perhaps in the vain hopes that his brother would step up and talk to me about it and get me to consider things.

Instead, he opted to take me places and keep my mind distracted.

When he wasn't too busy with his duties, Thor took it upon himself to take me off the palace grounds.

Sometimes we would go for long walks in the wilderness beyond the kingdom and other times he would take me to a festival or market day to witness the amazing atmosphere of Asgard's people.

My personal favourite outing was a festival of lights.

The way that everyone in the village got together and held a spectacular show during the night was breathtaking.

Many stalls were set up, each with strings of different coloured lanterns and offering all kinds of extravagant goods to the visitors from outer realms who travelled to attend the joyous festival.

A parade started almost as soon as the light faded and night took over, the atmosphere exploding with joy and celebration as people joined in the dancing and singing through the streets until we reached the edges of the village that opened up to what could only be described as a gladiator's arena of a stage.

The dancers leading parade moved towards the back of the built stage as revelers who joined in, including Thor and myself, moved to the seats where we would watch the play they had set up for the festivity.

They had chosen the most intricate designs in theme of the story that they wanted to tell through a play of sorts, using dance and lanterns designed as certain characters to tell the story, the light colours and patterns that they had selected were mesmerizing and the stage was extraordinarily decorated.

The people of the villages truly went all out in their annual traditions.

That year's theme was the most outlandish stories from Asgard's history, which repeatedly rose a laugh from the crowd as they tried to shy away from the sadder subjects.

Watching the show filled me with awe, it was a spectacle I was glad to have witnessed and the night was still young.

Once the show was over, Thor pulled me towards the stands which displayed the most mouthwatering foods and drinks available and ran alongside game stands with varying prizes that we tried our hardest to win.