Posh Boy - Lokitty

I stride up the steps and take my usual perch on the grand front porch of the most extravagant house on the street.

With my stomach growling in anticipation, I straighten my back, feeling the sun seep pleasantly into my fur and let out my signature mewl.

This had become a regular routine.

At least once a week, I would visit this house and let the kind lady who lived here pet me and feed me.

Her husband however, a white haired man with a milky eye, didn't like her playing with me. Every time he saw me, he'd let out a sigh and shake his head a little, though he stopped trying to persuade her against spoiling me a while ago.

"She's here!"

I laugh at the excited bark coming from inside, knowing that at any second I would see Thor's floppy, golden ears bouncing behind the fuzzy glass pane of the door.

How the active Labrador always had so much energy baffled me, just watching him exhausted me.

As the door opened, a gorgeous aroma of meat washed over me and my stomach growled in response as my mouth watered.

Such luxury was hard to come by on the streets, most succulent food was contaminated by bin juice and other rubbish by the time I got to it, but food was food and I was in no position to be picky.

Warmth swelled in my chest at her sweet, but not overbearing, scent that seemed to mix with the smell of meat from earlier.

She crouched down in front of me, not caring if her white dress got dirty, not that it would on her immaculately clean porch.

As if dirt had the courtesy to avoid this lovely woman's well kept home.

"I was wondering where she'd gotten to," she smiled, scratching under my chin.

I close my eyes and lean into her touch, relishing in the attention I would otherwise rarely get.

As her hand travelled down my back, I raised my body to increase the contact.

"I was beginning to think that I wouldn't see you this week."

I purr and lie down, looking up at her in the hopes that she'd supply the food sooner rather than later. It was a selfish thought, but I was starving.

The familiar sound of a tin lid coming off made my ear twitch and my stomach growl once again.

The smell of tuna wafted past as she set the tin down, making me salivate.

This was the meal of dreams.

As she leant back to let me eat, I notice a stark blur of black coming up next to her left hip.

The contrast stood out strongly against the white of her dress and the cream coloured rock we sat on.

My gaze shifts over and my eyes meet a blue pair of another cat, sauntering out of the house.

Their sleek, black fur shone magnificently and looked lightly fluffy, most likely soft to the touch too.

Their blue eyes were gorgeous, yet held a cold stare that was dark, alluring and mischievous in one turn.

"So, you're the one taking their attention away from me."

Wow, what a voice.

Smooth yet deep and a little husky.

He sat down beside his owner, staring with narrowed eyes as his tail swished behind him.

There was no attempt to hide any of his apparent animosity.