Unstupid - Dyslexic Reader - Request by SweetCheeseCake879

Loki stared towards the door and took a deep breath before stepping up, wrapping his knuckles against the thick wood.

He stepped back and waited, his hands held behind his back as he stared at the door impatiently.

He prayed that he had finally found the place, who knew that one person, who wasn't Loki himself, could be so elusive?

It had been at least a week since you had disappeared and he couldn't stop himself from fretting, something which wasn't common for him, but nor were friendships that were his exclusively and not in association with Thor, so altogether it made sense that he'd be emotionally invested.

Especially not as invested as he had become with this particular Midgardian.

The wait felt ridiculously long, to the point where he was close to giving up and walking away.

When the lock on the door finally clicked open, his heart skipped a few beats only to speed up uncomfortably when it finally opened to reveal that you were inside, as he had hoped.

"Finally," he sighed in relief, "do you have any idea how hard it's been to find you?"

You stared at him for a moment, unable to stop your saddened frown.

"That was the point, Loki, I didn't want to be found."

"You can't just disappear and expect people to leave it at that," he rolled his eyes, though he didn't need to given that his tone was already laced heavily with the implication.

"I just needed time to myself."

"Do you wish for me to leave?"

Your eyes briefly flickered up and down him as you contemplated your answer.

Truthfully, you weren't entirely sure what you wanted in that moment.

Sure, you wanted to be alone but you also wanted someone to vent to, though you were worried about breaking down in front of Loki.

By yourself was fine, but did you really want to lose a bit of dignity in front of a God?

As it turned out, the answer was yes.

Yes, you did.

Stepping aside, you opened the door wider and invited him inside your little safe space, a place that had been purely yours for a week or so while you cleared your head.

Somewhere away from the people you cared about, such as Loki, as you didn't want to drag his mood down with your own.

A mini holiday, of sorts.

"Thank you," he nodded as he walked past and you closed the door.

He moved through the hall, looking over the decorative choices of the holiday park you had chosen as your getaway.

You slowly moved behind him as he walked towards the comfy couch that they provided, his eyes still roaming around like a predator checking out the place for any signs of an ambush.

"Would you like a drink?" You finally asked, needing the fill the silence.

"No," he answered curtly, turning to look at you while sitting down, "I would like you to explain yourself."

You shook your head and tried to suppress the urge to roll your eyes at him, chastising yourself for letting him in because now you knew that he wouldn't leave without the explanation and in that moment you weren't sure if you were ready to explain.

The conflicting emotions were too much to handle and you wanted to curl up into a ball and ignore everything, but if you couldn't confide in your best friend then who could you confide in?