A Mile in my Shoes - Day Two

Day two as Loki was annoying and stressful, especially after suffering with a man named Fandral for hours.

It seemed that we were stopping every few minutes so that he could eye up a woman and make some passing line that had me rolling my eyes.

I remembered Loki telling me about these people before, Sif and the Warriors Three, friends of his brother who had only tolerated him because they were friends of his brother and who didn't hesitate to turn against him.

Granted, perhaps he hadn't done himself any favours, but when he was younger he truly believed that they were his friends as well so the betrayal must have hurt.

Needless to say, they weren't exactly highly regarded in my opinion, but it was also needless to say that I was minorly biased on the situation and Loki could be exaggerating just how friendly they were growing up, though his genuine look of hurt made it believable and he had no reason to lie to me about it.

His title not considered.

"Come on, Loki, cheer up," he grinned.

"I'm fine, just wanting to get this day over."

"You know," Fandral chuckled, throwing his arm over my shoulders, "I could teach you a thing or two, maybe then you'll make a few girls very happy and you'd actually be in a good mood."

Stepping away from him, I shook my head and continued on our way down the long hallway.

"I am perfectly happy, thanks."

And this turned into a reoccurring theme throughout the day, a tiring one that didn't seem to produce much of anything, but such as life.

Thankfully, it only took about half a day before Thor managed to find me and whisked me away with some lie about us having to do something for Frigga.

I counted my blessings, being stuck making rounds with Fandral was starting to drive me insane.

The rest of the day passed considerably quicker, but it was still knackering, especially having to greet other Asgardian people who had come to visit the palace as something akin to sightseers.

Thor at least made it bearable, cracking jokes and making me laugh.

I liked Thor.

He told me little tidbits and stories over the day about growing up with Loki, he showed me the amazing array of Asgardian foods and told me Loki's favourites, promising to write them down for me so that I could surprise Loki at home one day.

It was nice and made the day less of a hassle.

He was even kind enough to help me with certain male issues that were new to me.

"So, what should I do in the mornings?" I asked, staring at the too large mug of mead that he had handed me during a bit of downtime.

"In the mornings?" He repeated with a questioning look.

"Yeah, you know," I shifted a little in my seat and glanced down, "with..."

Thor's eyes widened a little before he laughed loudly and banged his hand on the table, grinning like a mad man.

"Yes! You aren't accustomed to those things yet," he said far too loudly for my liking, "don't worry, 'brother', I shall give you the best advice I can."

He patted me on the shoulder and took a long gulp of his drink before beginning to regal me with the best bits of advice he could about being a man.

From morning wood to sudden arousal and other secrets that others don't tend to talk about.

It was fun, informative even if it was a little embarrassing.

Loki greeted me with open arms when I returned home.

We still hadn't kissed since the shift, I found it too awkward to act that way with myself and Loki seemed to accept that fact.

"I ordered us something," he said, moving to sit back down at my laptop with his legs crossed, a position I would typically take.

"Oh really?" I asked, sitting down, "what did you get?"

"Some sweet and sour chicken with bean sprouts and noodles."

I looked at him while laughing, smiling widely.

"Are you craving?"

He glanced at me from the corner of his eyes before narrowing them, letting out a long huff.

"Tell me about your day."

"There's nothing to share, I don't care for Fandral but Thor made me feel more than welcome, he really showed me the ropes."

"So you look forward to going back tomorrow?"

"Kind of?" I sighed, running a hand through my hair before letting it fall over my face in a mess, "I'm helping your mum go over some of her scrolls."

"Ah," he nodded with a fond smile, "mother will love that, I'm sure, though be warned in advance that she may spend a lot of time talking about grandchildren."

I laughed and rubbed at my neck, "Duly noted, how was your day as me then?"

"Fine," he shrugged, "kind of boring being here all by myself honestly, but I did some housework."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, I was doing our washing up from this morning and I noticed some dirt on the tiles behind the kitchen sink and from there I couldn't stop cleaning."

"Ah, yeah," I laughed again, "I get odd compulsions like that when my hormones are shifting."

Shifting in my seat so that I was more slouched, I let my eyes fall closed and rested my linked hands in my lap.

"Wake me when food gets here."

"Wow, one day and you're already napping."

"Wait until you go to work as me, you'll see that your job is tiring but working someone else's is even more so."

"We'll see about that."

"Yes," I nodded, yawning widely, "that we will."