Selfish - Part Two

Years had passed since Loki's celebration of singlehood and things soon turned from great, to good to an utter disaster.

In the years that had crawled by I had seen Thor exiled with his powers stripped, Loki attempting to take over Midgard with two of the infinity stones, Frigga's death and Loki's devastation at both that news and the earlier reveal of his true heritage.

Things had changed so much and it was horrible to see him going through so much turmoil and that was without mentioning the times I had mourned his death, only for him to spring up a while later alive and relatively well.

Through everything, even the sudden reveal of an adoptive sister and an unplanned trip to Sakaar, I had been sure to be there for him to offer my support as a best friend should.

Besides, I wasn't entirely sure what else I could do.

Sakaar was not my kind of place and we had all ended up here by complete coincidence.

Loki seemed to be enjoying himself but I was more than ready to go home, The Grandmaster freaked me out and the constant parties just gave me a headache.

The entire place was utter chaos and that meant that Loki was in his element, he'd found favour with Sakaar's founder and was soon mingling with all the higher-ups as if he had been there for years rather than a couple of weeks.

I tried to keep my distance from everything, though in a place like that it was difficult.

I also wasn't completely sold on Loki's new get up, it suited him just fine but I preferred the green, black and gold armour over this strange blue and yellow but that was probably because of what I had become accustomed to seeing on him.

As I turned the corner to the corridor that held Loki's bedroom, I briefly dipped my head and two peculiar beings who were passing by and then made my way to his door, a container of food balanced between my arm and my hip.

Stopping outside the door, I lean closer to listen for any sounds to imply that he may not wish to be disturbed, something I forced myself to do every time despite fretting the worst result, though as of yet there hadn't been any surprises waiting for me.

Upon hearing nothing, just as I liked it, I knocked on the door and gently called out his name. I didn't get a response but I nudged the door open anyway and poked my head inside, just to make sure he was there.

He didn't typically keep his door unlocked if he wasn't in but there was a first time for everything.

The lights were off but with the assistance of the lights coming through the unnecessarily large windows, I could still make out Loki's silhouette sat on the edge of the bed, his head hung and his hands clasped between his open knees.

"Loki?" I said softly, stepping inside and letting the door close fully once again.

He didn't respond, didn't even raise his head to glance in my direction.

"Hey, what are you doing sitting in the dark?"

I walked over, glancing around at the shadows of things sitting in the darkness.

Considering how bright the place was usually, it was a surprise to me that Sakaar could get this dark.

I had managed to make it across the room to sit on a spot beside him before he finally said something, his voice soft and laced with sadness.

"I went to speak to Thor today."

"Oh, really?"

"Well, kind of, I cast an illusion to speak to him."