33: Descending Daddy Issues

MJ had hope for her weekend. She genuinely did.

Tyler had completed his first transformation on Friday night, without killing anybody.

And on Saturday night they were able to celebrate, at a party the pair of them were technically throwing.

She'd spent the morning in the warehouse, setting up, so by the time Tyler arrived, he didn't have to do anything other than approve. They'd agreed on a neon/white light theme, and she'd let the artist in her go a little overboard.

"Oh my god!" Caroline had been invited to check the place out too.

"Wait till you see it with the lights off," MJ beamed.

Tyler walked in backwards, turning, and taking it all in, "Oh my god."

She giggled.

"You've made a gallery," Caroline pointed to the one wall that was effective during the day.

She'd used glass to shine coloured lights in different directions across a wall.

"It's amazing what I can do with a Lockwood budget," She winked, making Tyler laugh, "All the glass is from the community collection. It was litter, I cleaned it the human way, and the magic way, shined them so they'd work, then connected them all together with invisible wire."

She pointed to a different space.

"The neon signs were all leftover from the Carnival, most were broken but nothing some, you know," She made her fingers spark, "Couldn't fix. Then the balloon wall is made from branches, also from clean-up."

"Way to multi-task!" Caroline high-fived her.

MJ looked at Tyler, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm sore," He knew there was no point lying to them, "Every muscle aches."

"But you did it," Caroline cheered, "And you didn't hurt anyone."

MJ appreciated Caroline's hopeful disposition.

"It'll get easier. You'll get better at it – you'll learn to control it so it won't hurt as much."

"We don't know any of that for sure."

"No, but small victories, Tyler," MJ pointed at him, "Last night was a victory."

"I really wanted to thank you guys," He caved to the optimism, "I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't been there."

MJ and Caroline looked at each other and smiled.

"My only suggestion is that we find a way to re-enforce those chains," Caroline rubbed her neck awkwardly, "If MJ can't be there one time, you might actually get me."

"What?"

Caroline realised she'd slipped up, "Never mind, it's nothing."

"Wait, no, wait," Tyler looked at Caroline, then MJ, "What is it?"

"You haven't told him?" MJ asked.

"Told me what?"

"It's not a big thing," Caroline downplayed the situation, "It's just, one bite, and it's...you know, curtains for me."

Tyler froze, "What are you talking about?"

"The legend says that a bite from a werewolf can kill a vampire."

"How do you know that?"

"She didn't, I did," MJ covered, "I know all the stories."

MJ watched the way Tyler's face changed as he looked at Caroline.