~ chapter guide/disclaimer~

*❀❁❀*DISCLAIMER*❀❁❀*
edited: 8th September 2021

Everyone can have their own opinions on characters, but as the author, I receive every comment, and constant hate kills my mental health. 

If the only thing you have to comment is hate towards canon characters, please don't do it. 

I don't have the time to go through every single comment in this fic and delete the ones that do that already, but I can ask new readers to not contribute.
 If you do, I will probably just delete the comment 'cos it's easier to do as they happen. 

(This is mainly because too many people on this site think it's okay to just hate Elena, and I used to do it too! Never in someone else's fic, but within this fic, I agreed with hate comments. I've grown up, and I've realised I treated her incredibly harshly and unfairly.
Regardless of my own changing opinion, every comment just saying 'ew' when she enters a scene, or 'bitch' when she talks etc, is a notification I get. 

Just getting bitch in my notification feed is exhausting. 
Please respect my wishes.

Season Four is a bit different, because, as a Kol fic, of course, Elena is the villain, but S1/2 (and parts of 3) it is so unnecessary.

*❀❁❀*CATCH-UP CHAPTERS*❀❁❀*

This is a long fic, and there are only so many hours in a day, so these are what I would say are the key chapters - backstory things, key relationship moments etc.

I think all of the story matters but I know that some people will just come for Kol/The Mikaelson's, so here's a guide of what to read for context :)

Part One: A Ticking Time Bomb

↠ Chapter One
↠ Chapter Four
↠ Chapter Eight
↠ Chapter Nine (First Half)
↠ Chapter Eleven to Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen to Eighteen
↠ Chapter Nineteen
▷ Chapter Twenty to Twenty-Two

Part Two: Pawns, Players, Kings and Queens

↠ Chapter Twenty-Three to Twenty-Seven
▷ Chapter Twenty-Nine to Thirty-Two
↠ Chapter Thirty-Four and Thirty-Five
↠ (Chapter Thirty-Six)
▷ Chapter Thirty-Eight to Forty-Two

a/n: The double triangles are the most important, then again, I'd say that anything from after Elijah arrives is relevant. And most of P3 & P4 is too.

Enjoy/Hope this helps xx - Bea