Chapter 9: I'd say you're her daughter

Hi guys! Here's chapter 9! I hope you like it :)

Nina’s POV

I woke up the next morning and rubbed my eyes. It’s ten o’clock. Not bad for a Saturday morning. It’s cloudy outside and it looks like it’s going to rain. That’s cool. I actually like the rain and clouds but I don’t like storms. The sounds they make scare me. I went to the bathroom and did my usual business. While I was brushing my teeth I noticed my cheek was a little bruised. Oh well. Nothing a little makeup can’t cover.

I didn’t bother getting changed. I put on my slipper boots and went downstairs. I got myself some lucky charms and went to the living room to watch TV. Justin and El were already sitting there eating breakfast too.

“Morning guys.” I said sitting next to El.

“Morning.” They both mumbled. We sat quietly watching TV and eating for a bit.

“So are we doing anything today?” I asked either of them.

“Tom told us that you two have to check out one of the possible locations in the evening, but other than that, I didn’t plan anything.” El said.

“Oh okay good. I kind of just wanted to chill today anyway.” I said.

“I’ll be right back. I left my phone upstairs.” El said. After she was gone, Justin said something.

“How’s your face?” He asked out of nowhere.

“It’s great. How’s yours?” I said chuckling. I don’t know why he’s so hung up on the slap. I’ve been stabbed before and he didn’t make this big of a deal. I don’t need him to worry about me.

“I’m serious Nina.” He said.

“It’s fine Justin. Why are you so worried about it? It was just a slap. I’ve had way worse.” I said. He tensed when I said I was just a slap. What is up with him?

“Let me see your cheek. Turn.” He said.