Chapter 45: You miss her?

Nina’s POV

You know that feeling where your dream just finishes off perfectly and you wake up? Well that just happened to me and it feels amazing. It’s like I woke up well rested and more relaxed than I have been in a while. Justin’s still sleeping peacefully with his arms around me though. I glanced over at the clock on the wall and it said 11:21. There’s a stream of light coming in the window blinds on the other side of the room indicating it’s a nice sunny day out even though it’s probably below freezing. I carefully moved Justin’s arms off of me so I wouldn’t wake him up. When I did that successfully, I slowly stood up and grabbed my bag. I went to the bathroom, got changed into leggings and an oversized shirt, brushed my teeth, and put my dog tags on. My stomach is feeling a little sore but it’s no big deal. I’ll just ask the doctor for some painkillers or something when she comes.

I came back out of the bathroom and placed my bag on the floor. I sat back down on the bed where I was before and picked up my phone. Holy crap, I have twenty three messages. Who the hell is sending me twenty three messages? I unlocked it and looked through them. Oh yeah, it’s the other agents at home sending congratulation messages. We always do that for each other whenever we finish a mission. I decided to just leave them and read them when I’m more in the mood. I clicked the one from El though and it said “we’re coming at around 12 and u have to help us pack. oh and don’t even bother with the food. we’ll bring real food (:”. I texted her a quick thank you and went back to the other text messages. I got comfortable again and I could feel Justin’s hot breath on my arm. I went through each message and replied to them.

A lot of them included things like “I knew you could do it” or “I heard about you and Justin” or “Glad you guys made it out alive.” As I looked through them I kept thinking about how we “made it out alive.” To be honest, I didn’t think I would in the end. The fact that Justin literally took a bullet for me and saved my life is finally starting to sink in. The type of relationship where two people would take a bullet for each other seemed so impossible to me until Justin. I used to think that it was all talk and if it really came to the situation, the other partner would never take the bullet for their partner. I guess I was wrong. I turned my head to look at him and he’s still fast asleep. I used one hand to play with his hair which is now messy from sleeping but he still manages to look good. After a few minutes, he started moving around and his eyes slightly opened to looked up at me.

“Morning,” I said, still running my fingers through his hair. He gave me a lazy smile, with his eyes pretty much closed again and moved closer to me. His arms found their way around my waist and he pulled me gently to him. He buried his face in the crook of my neck and his hair tickled my cheek. “Don’t go back to sleep,” I said, chuckling.

A groan escaped his lips and he said “but my leg hurts.”

“Do you want me to get the doctor?” I asked.