Chapter 33: I can't do this Kenny.

Nina’s POV

“And this is for being a part of Firestone,” I said, extending my right arm out to aim the gun at his chest. His eyes went wide for a second and I could see him shaking. I pulled back the little thing on the gun that sets the bullets ready to shoot and I aimed it just right. Just as I was about to pull the trigger, my gun was torn out of my hand, my wrists were pulled behind my back, and a strong arm was across my neck making it harder to breathe, pulling me back into someone’s body. Oh shit. I started to panic and squirm.

“You promised,” I heard a familiar voice say into my ear. Wow is he for real right now? I started struggling harder but his grip on my wrists tightened and his arm went across my shoulders, pulling me into his chest. It doesn’t hurt but I’m losing circulation in my hands and I can’t breathe as heavily. It’s just uncomfortable. I would kick him where he really doesn’t want to be kicked but I don’t think that would be a good idea.

“Let me go,” I said, still squirming. I could feel my body aching to stop but I’m too stubborn. “Justin, get off of me!” I said raising my voice.

“Nina, stop,” he said calmly but I kept trying to get out of his hold on me. “This isn’t you! You don’t like killing people. You don’t have to kill him. He doesn’t know anything,” he continued. “Look at him. He can’t do anything anymore. Scooter wouldn’t want you to kill him and you’ll regret it,” he finished. I finally stopped struggling against him and stood still. I think I came off of my adrenaline high because I’m staring at the injured man in disbelief.

“Oh my God. I did that,” I said quietly more to myself. I felt Justin’s grip loosen but I’m not going to do anything anymore. Ryan, Chaz, Lexi, and El were all standing together looking at either the man that I beat up or me. I’m just realizing how cold it really is outside but I don’t really care right now. “I didn’t want to do that. I couldn’t have. Oh my God I did,” I said, putting my hands over my mouth. I feel like I’m going crazy. What is wrong with me? “That wasn’t supposed to happen,” I said shaking my head slowly. The guy I beat up started to sit up against the wall. He groaned and put his hand on his head. “Guys we have to get him to a hospital,” I said worriedly to the others.

“Nina, we can’t do that,” Ryan said.

“Of course we can,” I said panicking. What if I really hurt him?

“I don’t need the hospital,” the guy spoke up. Ryan and Chaz walked over to him and stood next to him.

“What did you want with them?” Ryan asked showing no emotion.