Chapter 21: I'll take care of it myself.

Nina’s POV

I could feel his hot breath on my lips and I so badly want to kiss him right now. But I can’t. When he was just centimeters away from me, I put my hands on his chest and pushed him back lightly. I turned my head away and stood up.

“I um…” I said awkwardly. What am I supposed to say?

“Uh…sorry I didn’t…uh…” he said scratching the back of his neck.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m um…gonna go to bed now,” I said and started walking to the door.

“Wait Nina,” he said quickly. I turned around.

“Yeah?” I asked. He paused for a second.

“Umm…never mind. Good night,” he gave a small smile. Okay then.

“Night,” I smiled and walked out of the room, closing the door behind me. That was probably one of the most awkward experiences of my life. I walked back into my room and went to my bed. I sat there and thought about what happened. What the hell was that? One minute he was singing and the next we were about to kiss. We can’t kiss. We’re barely even friends. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t like me and I don’t like him. Well in that sense anyway. Whatever. I don’t like him and I’m glad we didn’t kiss. It would have ruined whatever friendship we just started.

But the thing is, I wanted to kiss him. And I don’t know why.

_______________________

Justin’s POV

Her lips were so close to mine. They were about to touch but she pushed me away and stood up.

“I um…” she said looking around the room. C’mon Justin. Be cool.

“Uh…sorry I didn’t…uh…” I said while scratching the back of my neck. That wasn’t cool, Bieber.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m um…gonna go to bed now,” she said and turned around to leave.

“Wait Nina,” I said before she could leave. I want to tell her something but I don’t know what to say.

“Yeah?” she asked.

“Umm…never mind. Good night,” I said and smiled. I’m losing my touch. I shouldn’t be this nervous around a girl. Especially Nina Maloney. It’s not like anything actually happened. What’s wrong with me?  

“Night,” she said and left. I let out a frustrated groan. Why did I do that? I’m such an idiot. She probably thinks there’s something wrong with me now. I don’t even know why I wanted to kiss her in the first place. After all, she’s Nina and I don’t like her and I’m positive she doesn’t like me. Thank God she stopped me because if she didn’t, then we would have kissed. I was probably just caught up in the moment. Yeah, that’s it. We’ll go back to normal tomorrow. After I convinced myself nothing is going on, I switched off my light and went to bed. I can’t help but still think about it though. I’m relieved we didn’t kiss but the thing is, I wish she hadn’t stopped me.