Chapter 1: He Said It

Hey guys! So this is my first story EVER so I don't really know how good it is. Please leave me a comment and tell me how to fix it or what's good and what's not good about it too. Umm...so yeah you can start reading then. :)

Nina’s POV

“Agent Maloney please report to Chief Braun’s office.”

Ugh. Really? I just got a break. It’s been about literally ONE day since my last mission and I’m exhausted from tracking a stupid thief and his gang all through freaking LA for three weeks. We were successful though so it was worth it. By“we” I mean my best friend and practically sister Eleanor Winscott.

I should probably introduce myself. My full name is Nina Maloney and I’m eighteen years old. My birthday is on May 14, 1994 and I was born right here in New York City. I have jet black hair, I’m 5’ 3”, and I guess I have a good body since I’m in shape because of my training. People say I’m outgoing and I love having a laugh and don’t take everything too seriously. I guess I’m one of those people who try to lighten the mood but I can also stand up for myself and I especially DO NOT take crap from people. I’m pretty smart too…well I guess I have to be to be in the position I’m in now.

This training I’ve had is for my job. I’m an agent for a company called the International Spy Agency or ISA for short and it’s a basically secret company you could say. Our job is to basically keep people or individuals safe from harm no matter who they are really. Keeping people safe is our main priority. If there is someone who is a real threat to the public we know about it and we deal with it. Especially cases that the normal police force can’t handle. I’m one of the younger spies considering I’m only eighteen years old but there are other spies and workers my age and even younger. My parents Mark and Lisa Maloney were two of the top spies in the ISA but they were killed on a major mission when I was just two years old. The mission was accomplished though. I guess it doesn’t hurt me that much since I didn’t really know them. Chief Braun, or Scooter as I call him outside of work, basically raised me as his own daughter and I became a spy here so he’s also my boss.

“Agent Maloney please report to Chief Braun’s office immediately” my little intercom speaker said in my apartment again. Yes. I’m in an apartment in the building where I work. All the spies live here so we aren’t really noticed. Since I’m eighteen I decided to move into my own instead of living with Scooter. It’s actually really nice and it’s convenient. This massive building in NYC is the headquarters for the ISA but to the rest of the city it’s just another office building. It has very high security so not just anyone can get in so it’s all good.

I step into the elevator and push the button for floor 58 for the top floor which has Chief’s office. The elevator is pretty fast so it only took a few seconds. I step out and walk into his office.

“What can I do for you chief?”

“Ah Nina. You finally decided to come up” he said jokingly while having a drink of water.

“Yup. So is there something you wanted to tell me?” I smiled politely.

“Well the ISA has a major mission that needs to be completed. I thought you would be a perfect agent for it along with four other agents I’ve already decided on.”

I was a little bummed about not getting a longer break but hey that’s work. You gotta do what you gotta do. It’s not like I don’t love my job. I do, it’s just it’s pretty demanding and stressful at times. But I’m up for this.

“Okay. You got it boss. So what’s the mission?” I asked pretty excitedly considering he chose me for an important mission.

“A gang called Firestone is plotting an attack. You might know of them. They have been trying to take down the ISA for quite a while now but have failed each time. It’s been a while since they’ve came close to causing any real damage to our company. Maybe about 15 or 16 years now. Anyway, they are back at it and from what we know they are out to attack the daughter of two retired spies from the ISA who brought them down during their last big attack on us. Her name is Alexis Stern and her parents’ names are Charles and Paula Stern.”

Working With My Enemy: A Justin Bieber Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें