Chapter 27: It can't mean nothing.

Nina’s POV

“If I didn’t care about you, would I do this?” he asked quietly. I was about to ask him what he meant but he cut me off by pressing his soft lips against mine. My eyes widened in shock at first but then I felt them close and I started kissing him back. Our lips moved perfectly in sync and I put my hands around the back of his neck. His hands were still resting on my waist. It feels like a million butterflies are fluttering in my stomach and that we’re the only two people in the world right now. But before this went any further, I realized what’s actually happening right now. I put my hands on his chest and gently pushed him back so we broke apart. Oh my God. Justin just kissed me. And I kissed him back. I don’t even know how I feel about him.

 “You need to leave,” I said without looking up at him. I don’t know what to do or what else to say right now.

“So that didn’t mean anything to you?” he asked sounding hurt. I hung my head low so I was looking down at my shoes.

I shook my head and muttered “I don’t know.” I looked up at him after a few seconds and he looks angry and hurt.

“I get it. Don’t worry, it didn’t mean anything to me, either,” he said and walked out of my room slamming the door behind him. Does he really mean that? Because it meant something to me, regardless of what I said to him. I didn’t say it didn’t mean anything. I said I didn’t know. Why didn’t you just tell him the truth, Nina? Now there are tears in my eyes and I need El. Where’s El? Probably still in the living room. I ran out of my room and down the stairs. I went into the living room and saw her watching TV with Ryan.

“El I need to talk to you,” I said urgently. She turned around and looked at me.

“What’s wrong?” she asked getting up. I don’t want to tell her when Ryan’s right there. I took her by the wrist and dragged her with me all the way up stairs. “Hey! What’s going on?” she asked as we headed up the stairs. I pulled her all the way to my room and I shut the door once we got in. “What was that about?” she asked annoyed.

“Justin kissed me!” I said in a hushed tone. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

“HE WHAT?!” she shouted out loud. I slapped my hand over her mouth.

“SHH” I said. She removed my hand from her face.