Chapter 20: You're the girl from the cafe.

Nina’s POV

The gusts are really strong up here. The thieves chased me all the way to the roof of this skyscraper overlooking New York City. I walked towards the edge to see if there’s an emergency ladder or staircase. There’s nothing there but I do have a rope. When I was unraveling my rope, I was pushed over the edge and started free falling towards the cement.

I gasped and jolted awake. It was just one of those dreams where you feel like you’re actually falling. I realized I wasn’t alone when I felt someone breathing down my neck and a pair of arms around me. Oh right. I took a nap with Bieber. I managed to turn around so I was facing him and he’s still sleeping. He looks so young and innocent when he’s asleep. Nothing like a person who could kill anyone. I don’t want to wake him up so I decided just to relax since we probably have a little mission tonight.

“They said they would be right back but they never came down,” I heard Chaz say.

“And you didn’t bother checking?” El asked while they were coming up the stairs.

“No we were playing on the xbox,” I heard Ryan say.

“Typical boys,” Lexi said. Then they all walked into my room still chatting amongst themselves. I pretended to be asleep so hopefully, they’ll leave us alone.

“Aw they’re cuddling! That’s so cute!” El said in a hushed tone. After she said that, I heard them whispering to each other.

“1…2…3!” Ryan said and they all jumped on the bed and screamed “Wake up!” so loudly.

“Go away!” I groaned into Justin’s chest. I don’t really care what they think we look like right now because I’m too comfortable. They kept laughing while lying all over my bed. Then Justin kicked his leg and someone hit the floor hard.

“Ow. The fuck bro?” I heard Chaz say and we all laughed at him.

“That’s what you get. What do you guys want?” he asked sleepily.

“You were up here for like two hours and Ryan and Chaz didn’t bother checking so here we are,” Lexi said.

“Well sorry for being tired,” I said while sitting up. Justin let go of me and I rubbed my eyes.

“Why did you leave early anyway?” El asked still sitting on my bed.

“Kristen attacked me in the girls’ room and ripped my cut open again. I got blood all over my shirt so I couldn’t go back to class,” I said.

“Why’d she attack you?” Ryan asked.

“Cause she’s a stupid bitch who can’t seem to get over the fact that I’m not scared of her,” I said rolling my eyes.

“Oh, is that the girl you beat up the other week?” he asked.

“That’s her. She deserved it though. Ask anyone in that school,” I said.

“You should have recorded that. I would have loved to see you beat her up. I’m surprised you didn’t end up putting her in the hospital,” Chaz said smiling.

“I would have if Bieber over here hadn’t stopped me. I gave her a black eye though so it’s all good,” I said.

“That’s the Maloney I know,” Chaz said giving me a high five.

“Anyway, you three have somewhere to go tonight,” El said pointing to me, Justin, and Chaz. Chaz is also a great fighter but his specialty is dealing with bombs. Ryan is more like El except his main thing is hacking into security systems.