Chapter 31: I found the video.

Nina’s POV

I’ve been walking down this pathetic street for about an hour now. I’m wet, cold, tired, hungry, lonely, scared, upset. You name it, I’m feeling it. I keep checking my phone for service but there’s none. What do you expect if you’re in the middle of nowhere though? This place is really creepy. The trees rustling in the wind and the rain is making everything worse. I just hope there’s no storm because if there is, I will probably lie down in the street and wait for a car to run me over. Which reminds me, I haven’t seen a single car drive down this way either. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing because I wouldn’t want some stranger picking me up.

I continued to walk down the side of the road, on the grass in case a car magically comes out of nowhere. My teeth are chattering so hard that I feel like they’re going to fall off. I have to get home but I don’t know what to do. I don’t have anything but my phone that has no signal. What if someone comes and kills me? Or what if I just die of starvation or the cold? I started crying because I don’t know what else to do. At least my tears are keeping my cheeks a little bit warmer. I feel like giving up and just sitting here but I can’t do that. I have too much to do and too many people counting on me. I have to keep walking until I reach some sort of civilization.

A few minutes later, I see lights coming down the street towards me. Whoa a car is actually driving this way? Oh God what if it’s the creeper coming to kidnap me again? I kept my head low and kept on walking, trying to hide in the shadows of the trees. I don’t have the energy to fight anyone off and I don’t have a knife or anything on me. The car stopped in front of me when it got closer and I started freaking out a little inside. I kept on walking until it came pretty close so I got a good look at it. It’s a Lamborghini. I stopped walking and I heard the driver’s door open and shut.

“Nina?” I heard someone ask. He started walking up to me and I immediately recognized him.

“J-Justin,” I choked out. I started walking up to him too. I would run but I don’t have the energy. He quickened his pace and when we reached each other, I threw my arms around his neck and squeezed him with all the energy I have left. He wrapped his arms around my waist so tightly that I could barely breathe and my feet came off the ground for a few seconds.

“You’re okay,” he said sounding relieved. I’m still shivering violently and the rain is still coming down steadily. He pulled back and looked at my face. “You’re shaking so hard. C’mon get it in the car,” he said sounding concerned. We walked back to the car and he opened the door for me. I got in and before he shut the door, he took his jacket off and gave it to me. He closed the door and went to the other side of the car to get in. When he was behind the wheel, he turned to face me. “Take your shirt off,” he said.

“What?” I asked confused. I’m not taking my shirt off, what is this?