Epilogue

Nina’s POV

“There’s this bonfire on the other side of the beach. I think it’s just gonna be a party with a bunch of other people. We in?” Chaz asked while we were eating dinner in an outdoor restaurant by the beach.

“Sure. Sounds fun,” El said.

“You guys can go. Me and Nina are gonna do our own thing,” Justin said.

“We are?” I asked, surprised. I would have expected him to want to go to a party like this.

“Well I mean, if you want to,” he said.

“Oh yeah I do. I just didn’t know,” I said quickly so he wouldn’t get the idea that I don’t want to spend time with him. I finished off the last of my french fries and took a sip of my ice water. When the others were done, the guys paid for it and we left the restaurant.

“Alright, we should be back at the hotel sometime after midnight,” Ryan said.

“Okay, have fun,” I said.

“You too,” Lexi said, winking at me. I smiled and probably blushed as we went our separate ways. Justin intertwined our fingers and we walked towards the hotel.

“So where are we going?” I asked as we started strolling along the beautiful beach. The ocean looks perfect with the sunset sitting right on the horizon, illuminating the sky with shades of pink, orange, and blue. There were some other couples, groups of friends, and families walking around or just sitting and watching the sunset. The only noise that could be heard was the crashing of the waves and people talking and laughing. There aren’t really that many cars since it’s easier to walk around here and it’s more of a resort for tourists.

“I don’t know. I just wanted to spend some time alone with you,” he said. We’ve been in the Bahamas for four days now and we’ve been doing a lot as a group that we haven’t had much time to ourselves.

“Me too,” I said, smiling. This place is my idea of paradise. The weather is perfect compared to New York where it’s been raining a lot which is pretty normal since it’s April. Here, it’s at least eighty degrees everyday and it hasn’t rained once yet. I’m finally able to wear what I want and get some sun and much needed relaxation. The media was all up our asses up until the end of January and it got annoying after a while.

Justin’s leg is good as new after the frequent visits to the hospital and the physical therapy. My arm and stomach have completely healed except for the scars. The one on my arm is no big deal but the one on my stomach is definitely bigger. It’s not that obvious unless you’re standing right next to me which is definitely a good thing but not the best. Lexi’s training has been going well from what she’s told me and it’s been a lot better living with her than by myself. We still have space to ourselves in our own bedrooms but it’s nice to not be living in a big apartment alone. Pattie, Jaxon, and Jazzy ended up moving in with Justin like I suggested in the hospital and he’s happy about it. They’re planning on moving out by the end of May or the beginning of June.

“I know I asked you this before, but do you ever wanna quit and go to college or something?” I asked him.

“I don’t think so. I hated school. I wouldn’t wanna spend another four years going to classes,” he said and I chuckled. “Why? Is that what you wanna do?” he asked. I thought about how to answer that the right way for a minute.

“Not really. It’s just…I don’t know. I kind of wonder what it’s like having a normal job,” I said.

“It’s probably boring. You go to work and come back home to go to bed to wake up and do it all over again the next day. That sounds like something you wanna do after having traveled the world and going on these crazy missions that people only think happen in movies?” he asked. He’s got a point there.