Chapter 54 - The final

Izuku shrieked with laughter as he was splashed by his mu... Wasn't someone else there before? Who? All well, he was having a great time with this Selkie who was splashing him.

His father dried him off gently with his flames before opening his mouth and letting a jet of fire plummet through the air.

Izuku was having so much fun that he ignored the odd feeling he had. He turned back to his fa-...who?

He turned back toward the Chimera and he was smiling like no tomorrow. How strange, their eyes seemed to say something.

"You need to leave here... you're not dead.."

What? Izuku brushed the thoughts aside and kept playing with the two familiars. He loved them so much even if they were opposites....

Opposites? Why were they together then?

Another massive headache struck Izuku and at that moment, the spell was cast.

Trillions of thoughts were pounded into his head and screamed into his soul.

"Izuku please come back"

"You were my first friend, you were nice to me even though we never met before, I still wanted to experience so much more with you, let's go to a cat café some time"

"I miss you Midoriya, you were new to our class but you're already so dear to me, I don't ever want to let go of you"

"You helped me overcome my fear, I've taken so many steps forward that I never knew I could do. My life wouldn't be like this if it wasn't for you, I pray for the miracle you return"

"I still want to know you better, I'm shrouded in the eternal darkness and my shadow will be both my strength and my greatest enemy but you are a comforting light inside"

"IZUUUUUU I WANT CUDDLESSSSS!!!! I just want to fall asleep in your arms and have you pat my head!!! I love you Izu!!! IZU IZU IZU IZU IZU IZU IZU IZU IZU IZU"

"I guess I miss petting your hair, come back, let me protect you while you draw your feelings out, I'll have your back"

"Just come back already problem child, I need sleep and I don't have enough coffee"

"Kero kero"

"We need you lil bro, you're the man!!!"

"Hehe...tacos...."

All these thoughts flooded his mind and he was about to click them all out when,

"Do you remember us singing and dancing in the apple trees? I'm sorry I left, I wanted to change the world for you Izu, but I need you there to see it"

"What the fuck damn nerd?!?!? I vowed to protect you and you bet your ass I'm running to hell and back to make sure YOU DON'T GET HURT!!! I NEED YOU DEKU"

Tears filled Izuku's eyes as all the messages sunk in and memories returned. It was true, it hurt to be with everyone, he was scared that people were going to leave because of him, that people were going to die because of him...

He was afraid...

But-

The golden words of everyone calling out to him... Just maybe...

The seraphim in his head then spoke up, "but they caused you so much pain, to the point that it's the reason you are here! Why would you even want to return?

A hole opened in the fluffy clouds under Izuku and the real Selkie and Chimera clambered through. They each touched the illusions that Izuku was having and they immediately turned back into human souls.

Before him, his mother and father sat together on a picnic table surrounded in fluttering petals with their familiars happily getting along. It was the family he had always wanted...

But...he didn't belong here...not yet...

He cried as he ran over to hug his dead parent's souls who were now happy together in eternal afterlife.

He stretched his wings out and had a basket of petals in his arms as he let go. He smiled because he would see them again, but not until he's lived his life to the fullest.

He looked down into the mortal world surrounded in his previous pain and suffering but he knew... That behind that, was friends and all the people he cared about. They had his backs and he wanted to have theirs.

Looking behind him one last time, Izuku jumped without a second thought.

Happiness is not continuous,The more noticeable is pain and strife,But you can't have one without the other,So be grateful for the little things in life

The more noticeable is pain and strife,
But you can't have one without the other,
So be grateful for the little things in life.

A single ray of light fell down from the sky and petals filled the air.

Izuku floated down from the heavens above with a halo that sparkled like gold contrasting to his forest green hair. His skin glowed white in some places and a tunic dress fluttered from the wind. He outstretched his wings and smiled. He truly was an angel who decended down.

The people down below all looked up and the response was immediate, they all gathered together as Izuku plummeted towards earth and just before he crashed, he fluttered his wings and he slowed...and floated into the embracing arms of his friends.

Tears broke out and many have him tight hugs.  Ages comments on his wings and halo before the moment they waited for, Izuku walked over to his stone cold body that Todoroki was now holding onto since Attract had risen up into the sky to get him.

He closed his eyes and leaned forward, it was going to be okay.

His soul along with his familiar, reconnected with his body and a small pain fizzed up, and died down.

He opened his eyes and felt arms around his waist, he was in his body...

Tears filled his eyes with joy and at that moment, he cried with relief.

Todoroki, who's arms were around his waist, rested a chin on his shoulder and squeezed, happy that Izuku was back.

Toga squealed and jumped at the two sitting by Izuku's side and rested her head on his other shoulder.

Bakugou breathed a sigh of relief and knelt on one knee taking Izuku's hand before holding it tight, pressed against his beating heart.

Uraraka and Tsu sat and rested their heads on his lap, tired and happy.

Tomura came over and held his other hand, tears finally falling down his face. He silently held on tight.

Dabi leaned over Todoroki and Toga and rested his chin once again on Izuku's head, his scarred skin once again feeling the floof.

Everyone slowly all just dog piled together in relief and with the massive hugging session, all just fell asleep.