Chapter 3

Deku

Tomo~chan

I ran across the room towards the boy with light blue hair and gave him a massive hug.

"I haven't seen you in years, where did you go? Why did you leave? Are you still upset at the way the city is ruled?"

Tomura

The door was kicked open by Dabi and he carried Izu in. The next thing I knew was that I was tacked into a hug by the green bundle of joy and I sat there as he started his adorable habit of rambling every thought in his little mind.

"I'm glad you remember me Izu but I need you calm down okay?"

I watched as the mumbling came to an abrupt stop and his cheeks flushed a brighter pink from embarrassment. He hasn't changed since I first met him when he was 6 and that was a decade ago when I was was 10 in that forest. I had been kicked out again by another household since my familiar turned out to be a Grim Reaper called Decay that could disintegrate anything once it place a whole hand on something. I was chased out by the family who threw anything they could find at me and I had ran to the forest before getting lost. That's where I met Izuku for the first time as he picked apples from a tree. He was the most beautiful boy I had ever seen and he looked so perfect that I stood still with Decay hovering nearby. The boy hadn't noticed me and was humming a soothing tune as he picked apple by apple. I watched him slowly fill his basket and then a swaying caught my attention. The branch just above the boy was almost tearing right out of the tree from its own weight and I quickly yelled "look out!" at the boy who froze when he looked up. As if my body moved on its own, I kept forward and covered the boy with my own body and braced for impact.
It never came.
The small boy looked up at me and his eyes widened as he looked past my face towards Decay, who towered above us both with it's hand outstretched. We were surrounded in a veil of ash as the branch that was once a threat was now gone. Oh no... I better leave before he panics.

"T-t-thank y-you ver-ry mu-uch, you saved me-e. W-what's y-y-y-your nam-me?"

I looked down at the boy in astonishment, was he not scared? Or did he not see Decay just disintegrate a whole branch?

"You are very welcome, I'm Tomura and this is... Decay...... Anyway, be careful next time, I need to go now."

I let go of the boy in my arms and slowly turned around only so feel a pair of hands grip onto me.

"P-please, you have m-many cuts on y-you so please c-come and tend to those. I h-have a couple of plasters and l-lots of medicine. Please come over."

The boy finished with no stutters in his last sentance so I think he isn't scared of me so I agreed to go. Together, we walked through the forest and eventually we reached a small cottage hidden away from the world. The boy opened the door and called up the stairs

"Mum, I found a new friend called Tomura and his familiar is a Grim Reaper called Decay!!!"

I heard a shrill shriek from across the house as a pretty woman came scrambling down the stairs and pulled the boy into a protective hug. Well, that's usually the reaction when they hear my familiar. She looked me up and down before her gaze softened and she immediately relaxed. "Would you like to come in for some juice and cookies? Izuku dear, did you bring the apples so we can make apple juice? And could you get the cookies from the oven?"

Why wasn't she afraid? Why did she relax when she looked at me? I looked at the woman in surprise and chuckled to myself. Well that explains her son's fearlessness towards him.

The boy, Izuku, smiled and nodded before running off into the room on the left which is what I presume is the kitchen. The mum then turned toward me and gave a hearty smile to.

"Okay, you look like you went through a tumble dryer! The first aid kit is in there, I'm gonna go draw some water from the lake to wash those wounds. Help yourself to the snacks and if you need anything, just call for Izuku okay?"

I was shown into the room next to the one Izuku ran in and I saw that I was now in a living room of some sought with a lovely fireplace that made my cold, lonely body fill with warmth.

Why do I want to cry?