Chapter 48

"DIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" Bakugou screamed as he jumped over another sleeping body that lay on the floor.

Nezu was observing one and was happy to find out that they weren't cold at all and they seemed to have lost no weight. That meant the light was keeping them all healthy and alive, just asleep.

Toshinori was at the center of clearing with the other teachers trying to find any clue to help Nezu. Their packed bags sat next to the students of the class who huddled in their groups with their own bags.

Todoroki was sat with his brother and they were talking quietly.

Tomura was covered in a few bandages as he sat alone. He was thinking about Izuku and his fists clenched tight as he stressed over his inability to help.

He was horribly upset and the sadness made his messy hair droop more than ever.

A rough hand patted his shoulder and Tomura turned to see that Bakugou had sat back to back with him.

The sad thoughts came to an awkward halt as Bakugou spoke up. "So...how did you and Deku meet?"

Tomura looked a little surprised before starting to talk. His sad thoughts were washed away by the flood of happy memories.

Satisfied with the information he gathered, Nezu looked towards Bakugou and Tomura and the two immediately got up.

"Our conclusion is that we're going to split into three teams.

Team one is going to visit the Selkie tribe and see if they can undo the sleep spell. They aren't aggressive people so we can send half the class with Toshinori to them. Tsuyu, Iida and Momo will specifically be in that group as they're the most reasonable people in class.

Team two is going to the Chimera tribe to see if they're also unaffected by the frenzy and see if they would help. The Chimera tribe are aggressive and violent but we aren't there to fight, only to see if they're affected or not. They probably aren't and I don't want to engage in a fight with them but I want physically strong people. Todoroki, Uraraka and Kirishima will be the specific ones in this group who will be lead by Mr Aizawa.

And team three, I will accompany this group and we will go to the mountain where Deku was born to collect information. I want only Bakugou and Tomura with me. Everyone else split yourselves between the other two groups. We leave immediately."

The groups quickly gathered and everyone knew what they had to do.

Bakugou slung his rucksack over his shoulder and ran full speed towards the direction of the mountain. Nezu and Tomura followed in a hurry as his figure disappeared into the distance.

Aizawa and Toshinori's group all readied their items and they headed in the other direction.

The day slipped into the night and Bakugou's group were almost at the mountain. They had just reached the village that stood near the base and Bakugou knew that it would take another half an hour to reach the barrier and a bit more to get to the house.

Tomura easily recognised where they were and without any communication, the two boys knew what the other was thinking and went to the village inn. They walked past the bakery in silence and Nezu observed their behaviour. The two were matching each other's pace correctly but both seemed to do it unnaturally. Their pace reminded him of...of course, their pace was matched to Midoriya's.

They opened the front door of the inn and was greeted by a hallway with a small desk by the side. The receptionist was fast asleep like everyone else, their bodies also surrounded in the soft blue light.

Bakugou leaned over the desk and looked at the small book and opened it to read that room 15 and 16 were both vacant so they went upstairs to them.

Nezu went to room 15 to process all the information of that day and rest up for the next. Bakugou and Tomura went into the other room and flopped onto their individual beds before sighing.

For the rest of the evening, not a word was said between the two but the silence wasn't uncomfortable. They were both use to just enjoying company rather than talking but it only reminded them that much more of how Izuku disappeared.

The next morning, they all woke up early and ate before heading up the mountain. Following the familiar trail that they were use to, they made their way to the barrier. Nezu watched as Bakugou placed his hand on the shimmering sheen and immediately a small opening appeared.

The three slipped in and looked around. The area hadn't really changed at all, it was still as beautiful as their precious memories, grass green and bright with life. Sun pouring down, radiating the forest floor. As they reached the apple trees, memories flooded both boys and both had to clench their fists.

The ruby speckled apples shone like crimson orbs among the thick branches blanketed with lush vivid green leaves that gently swayed in the breeze.

Tomura looked at the tree closest to him and gazed fondly at the open spaces in the leaves. He remembered sitting in them whilst listening to Izuku singing and dancing. The thoughts warmed his cold body as he grit his teeth, he was going to find Izuku, no matter what.

They made their way to the cottage and Bakugou opened the door, coughing at the dust, his face fell as he saw no signs of life there.

Where did Izuku stay until just earlier that year then?

Running in, he saw all the important things were gone. Not the valuables, but the items that had memory...

Tomura looked inside the living room and painfully noticed the dusty fireplace. The room seemed so...lifeless...

Nezu was by the back doorway and was looking around, he noticed something that caught his interest. The door wasn't closed from the inside last as the latch was hooked...from the outside...