Chapter 43

I would recommend rereading Chapter 3 and 4.

Life was good. Izuku never understood what his grandmother's words meant but Inko told him to not worry about it. He was still upset every morning because no matter how many times he went to the apple orchard, there was no blonde boy with a explosive familiar to play with.

The week went by and that week became a month. He started to sing to distract himself and his voice was sweet and pure, with the practice, he could reach notes so high that birds would sing along. That month dragged out and it eventually became a year. By now, he had learnt how to dance on tree tops with the songs he sung and he became extremely flexible from hiding in silly places up the trees. He was strong and independent and soon, another year had passed.

He was now six and as usual, he would make his way into the woods towards the apple trees and mess around alone. He had a basket on him to place the apples in as he carefully picked a few from each tree. He gently hummed a random tune that was on his mind and he happily swayed with the wind.

He smiled as the sun shone down on him as he went over to a tree he hadn't harvested on previously. He didn't want to take many from each tree because he knew the importance of keeping the ecosystem around him alive and healthy.

The wind blew and the branches creaked. The day was so peaceful when-

"Look out!"

Frozen, Izuku looked up to find himself surrounded in a veil of ash as a branch that could've landed on him was now gone. He was saved my this blue haired stranger that had a Grim Reaper for a familiar. He had questions but first, he needed to thank this person for saving him.

"T-t-thank y-you ver-ry mu-uch" he grumbled internally at his stuttering. "You saved me-e. W-what's y-y-y-your nam-me?"

He hated stuttering but what could he do? The only humans he'd ever spoken to was his mother and the Bakugou's.

"You are very welcome, I'm Tomura and this is... Decay...... Anyway, be careful next time, I need to go now."

The Tomura boy started to leave and Izuku panicked as grabbed onto the boy's arm with both hands, eyes widening as he saw wounds all over them. He was probably 10, whatever could've happened?

"P-please, you have m-many cuts on y-you so please c-come and tend to those." His mind whirred as he analysized what was in front of him. "I h-have a couple of plasters and l-lots of medicine." He had to stop stuttering! He exhaled as he calmed down. "Please come over."

Tomura gave a cautious nod as they went through a bubble before a reaching the cottage.

Izuku let Tomura in before yelling up the stairs, "Mum, I found a new friend called Tomura and his familiar is a Grim Reaper called Decay!!!"

A shrill shriek from across the house as a Inko came scrambling down the stairs and gave Izuku a protective hug. Her gaze softened though after she looked Tomura up and down. "Would you like to come in for some juice and cookies? Izuku dear, did you bring the apples so we can make apple juice? And could you get the cookies from the oven?"

Izuku smiled and nodded before running off into the kitchen. Inko turned toward Tomura and gave a hearty smile.

"Okay, you look like you went through a tumble dryer! The first aid kit is in there, I'm gonna go draw some water from the lake to wash those wounds. Help yourself to the snacks and if you need anything, just call for Izuku okay?"

He was shown into the living room where the lovely fireplace burned warmly as it's light danced on the varnished brown floors.

"I got the water, now let me tend to those cuts of yours."

Inko appeared out of nowhere as she hurried over with a small pan of water and dressed the cuts quickly. There was silence before Inko spoke again.

"If you are wondering why I'm not scared of you, it's because I don't feel and hatred or any intent to harm from you. Plus my husband had a pretty fierce familiar too. I'm Inko by the way, my familiar...is a Selkie...."

Tomura's eyes widened at the realisation of who she was. He looked towards the Selkie who was moving small objects.

"She doesn't have a name, her ability is Attraction of Small Objects so Izuku and I call her Attract." Inko's eyes softened as she looked at Tomura.

She explained a few things and started rambling a bit as she went on. "-seems that he isn't affected by anything. Oh I'm sorry, it's a nervous habit of ours to mutter a lot. It's even worse for Izuku since it's hard to stop him once he starts. Izuku! Are the snacks done yet? "

Izuku quickly ran in with a tray of fresh cookies and glasses of juice.

"Sorry for the wait, I was daydreamimg again." Izuku sighed and looked again into the nothingness before shaking his forest green hair and smiled at Tomura.

"Can I call you Tomo? Help yourself to the cookies, I made them myself."

Izuku watched as Tomura gingerly ate one of his cookies before smiling as he saw the food get devoured. He was the Grim Reaper casually looking around trying it's best to not touch anything and he decided to make a connection.

Izuku smiled happily as the familiar had the same reaction as Explo, they all claimed he was the only one who could talk to them. He asked what Decay's power was and found out, all 5 fingers must make contact to disintegrate something. This gave him an idea.

Within a minute, they were on the floor with Izuku in Decay's lap. Izuku was knitting and a fingerless glove slowly formed, except there was one finger.

He asked for Decay to reach out a hand and he gently slipped it on. With this, he couldn't technically touch anything with all five fingers. Decay happily smiled and caressed Izuku's face. He could finally touch without destroying.

Inko didn't look surprised in the least but she noticed Tomura's bewildered face and said,

"And the last reason why I think he may be one with a familiar is because he can talk to them without talking."

"He has a silent voice."