Chapter 42

A/n I would recommend rereading Chapter 20. There is a lot of references from there.

The leader shook her head, there was no way. A Chimera tribe member and a Selkie member couldn't form a child. The opposing genes would destroy the child.

She saw the bubble disappear briefly before reappearing. The kids dissapeared in that instant and she realized, it was a shield. Her daughter was probably in there... held hostage...

She ran back to the tribe, the wind flowing through her seaweed hair as she explained her plan. They were going dry out the water source, there must be one in the shielded area to keep her missing daughter in. They'll remove all water in there for a day and have her daughter's Selkie instincts bring her out. Once they saved her, they'll return the water with extra nutrients to replace any life that might've needed it.

It was a plan that hurt no one and could save her daughter. They start that night.

The next day, Izuku left the house and ran to the waterfall. His mother had disappeared again. He knew his mother would be fine as ran over and saw her figure standing in the water like usual, but...the water level was really low...

He jumped over to Inko who as usual, would react to his voice and wake up from her daydream. As usual, she gave him a hug on top of the charred rocks before returning to the cottage. Her daily need of the rushing sound of water was replenished and she needed to get ready for two boys to come running in through the door later covered in sweat.

Later that day, Katsuki and Izuku were playing in the woods again. They would try their favourite move to get as high up the sycamore tree as they can with Explo's power. Explo discovered that he could go up another percentage that day and they could get higher than ever before. Katsuki had hit 36%.

Katsuki and Izuku excitedly tried out their move one more time and with a super blast, they were shot up the tree right to the top for the first time.

The two giggled in the small tree house they had built. There was loud cheering as Explo threw sparks in the air.

What happened next was chaos.

The water deprived plants were dry and flammable. The once moist leaves were almost cracking as they came in contact with a spark.

Orange and yellow was everywhere as an inferno swallowed the tree.

The younger boy had fallen out of the sycamore tree surrounded in ashes that withered away into the nothingness as they touched the ground.

Smoke was everywhere and the lack of oxygen brought the boy to his knees. Above, hidden in the smoke, Explo was dragging a screaming Katsuki towards the cottage with a panicked look in his eyes.

Izuku was crying for dear life as the heat hissed and roared at him.

On the other side of the mountain, the Selkie tribe watched in horror as the mountain top started to blaze. They panicked in horror before getting the Selkies to return all the water they've been pooling on the side.

A tidal wave of water rushed towards the hill and it disappeared as it entered the barrier.

It took another twenty minutes but the fire was out. The shield was gone and the Selkie tribe went about to find the affected trees. Some Selkies had healing powers and they went around restoring all the damaged plants.

In the waterfall nearby, Inko was crying as she held onto her son covered in bandages and unable to move. The water around him had ruby ribbons floating around and the familiar that she saved years ago was trying to keep the blood contained.

Her son came to and she cried for joy. She thanked the familiar to the bottom of her heart as her son was able to get away from a fire without any scarres or burns.

Izuku started crying and asked her where "Kacchan" was. She smiled and told him he was okay, and that he'll visit with his whole family later that night.

The night was filled with crying as the Bakugou's disappeared from Izuku's life. Promises of getting stronger and protecting the Deku were made as with that, they were gone.

The next day, the Selkie tribe had finished cleaning their mess and waited by the side of the mountain. After that inferno that they were sure was created by the Chimera boy who stole Inko, they were sure there was no more power in him. Inko had definitely seen the wave so all they had to do was wait for her to return. To return home as one of them.

Inko knew her family was close.

She made her way to the mountainside where the tribe waited. They cheered as they saw her face but silence took their happy voices as they looked at the child in the girl's arms. They knew what he was, he had their kind's beautiful features and the forest green hair was definitely Inko's. But his body had a no fat like them to keep in warmth, he had a thin frame with muscle built like a Chimera descendant and the black roots in his hair confirmed it. This child was tainted to them.

Yells broke out as they saw Inko hold the child tighter. Cries of anger and pity were thrown at them as Inko needed to make a choice.

Her family that raised her....or the child she raised....

Crying, Inko calls out to her tribe.

She'd...
rather be...
with...

her son.

Cursed broke out as the leader glared at the boy. She didn't care that he was technically her grandson, this child wasn't her family.

She turned around glaring at the boy.

"You are the reason she will die."

She hissed those words to the wide eyed boy as she gave her daughter a hug, she was going to respect her wishes and return home.

Even if her heart was torn on two.