Chapter 46

"W-w-what happened to my dad?..."

...
...
..
.
"He's dead... I didn't know... When my daughter ran away with him, he broke his familiar bond and it resulted in his...death..."

Pain grabbed onto the old woman as the next thought struck hard.

"When they ran... Inko teared up her pelt... Even if she didn't break the bond... she'll..."

" Die..." Izuku finished her sentence and his eyes widened with fear. He... It was his fault... He killed his dad... He...was killing Inko....

Panic took over and breathing became hard, he stumbled to the floor and the air around him became thick and heavy. The world shook around him and his pulse quickened...

He was going to be alone.

"AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH"

Izuku screamed at the top of his lungs as he ran towards the village. His only thought was to see his mother, he needed to-

He stopped dead in his tracks, he couldn't... He was killing her... He can't see her... It was his fault...

The thoughts weighed him down as he turned towards his home. He got to the cottage but the door seemed so heavy. The light colourful walls were towering over him as they cornered him.

He couldn't be here...this wasn't...he can't...home...

His thoughts clouded over as pain took over his body. He stopped talking and closed his eyes.

....Help.

There were voices in his head that were screaming in response. It was too loud...

Please....help...

Meanwhile in the village, all the familiars were acting restless, they were all not listening to anyone. Every single familiar started to screech and panic as they all tore away from their partners and started rushing up the mountain side. Their minds were filled with terrified thoughts and their instincts told them to go to the voice they heard.

Inko didn't know what to do when the village panicked as familiars disappeared. She ran back towards the tree and saw her son missing. She knew it...

Running towards the forest, she called for Attract at the top of her tired lungs and the weak familiar floated to her...in the arms of another Selkie...

Her mother's Selkie looked deep into Inko's eyes and she knew what happened. She needed to get to her son.

Running towards the waterfall, she saw Izuku collapsed on the floor surrounded in a ring of familiars that tried to get close. They were all being pushed away by the negative thoughts even though they wanted to help. They wanted to shield the child in the centre. They wanted to protect. Their instincts tore at them as pained screeches echoed through the air.

The two Selkies stood unaffected and Inko teared up as she watched what unfolded before her.

She didn't know what to do....but she had to save her son.

Attract started to get restless as she knew what was going to happen. She was ready as well, they were going to save Izuku.

An old woman stood in the trees nearby, coughing as she struggled to stay upright. She has spent the last decade looking for her daughter and she was getting worn. All Selkies have a bond to each other making them more powerful but likewise, when one is hurt, the ones they're closest to will share the pain. After all, Selkies stay together.

She knew what her daughter was doing but instead of getting her daughter to stop, she knew for once, she was going to let this go.

Inko quietly held the last ribbons of her torn pelt as she walked towards her son. She could feel the pain radiating off him and it hurt to see him like this.

Gently scooped him up, she struggled as she carried him into the waterfall.

Together, they sat on the burnt rocks that were in the centre.
Attract floated over and gently hugged the two as Inko looked up. Her eyes widened as they fell onto her mother nearby, frail and almost at the edge. Inko's hands shook as she knew that in order to save her son, she would have to rip the last piece of her pelt. She knew that this would show her the way to her husband but seeing her mother, she knew that the Selkie bond would surely bring her mother down with her...

The choice was before her, son...or mother?

Tears streamed down her face as she clung onto her child. Her tears fell onto the black rocks and the elderly woman smiled at her warmly. Old legs swung over the ledge and she waddled towards them, reaching her old hands out to hold her daughter's.

Inko's tears were wiped away.
They both knew what to do.

The sound of tearing echoed through the air as the elderly lady gave her daughter and grandson one last hug. Inko smiled as she wrapped Izuku in the depths of the pelt. His eyes were covered and his ears were blocked. No sound came in and no sight was seen but all was known.

Tears flowed down Izuku's porcelain cheek as he held onto the two hands. The one of his mother, and the one of his grandmother.

He held them tight as he calmed down. The voices in his head that wanted to help his surrounded him. They were warm and concerned and they kept him safe....

...as the hands that he held dissolved into foam.

The pelt dissolved and his whole body became lighter.
He was alone but it was okay. His mother and grandmother were by his side. He wasn't alone. He was...okay...

Getting up, he looked at the blackened stones that he sat on and noticed beads of glistening water droplets upon it. He knew Inko and his dad were together again, and the thought made him smile.

He got up, water glistening on his porcelain skin and looked around to the familiars that were all making soft noises. He linked with them one by one and they all reassured him that he was going to be okay.

The scars in his heart hurt but he knew that he couldn't bend to them. Being near people was a bad idea but he needed to keep his promise to Kacchan from all those years ago. Maybe he'll find Tomo if he tries.

But first he needed to be strong and survive alone.

He told all the familiars to go back to their partners and he waded out of the waterfall.

He stood there for a minute before noticing that the grass under him was being burnt slowly but as a ring of burnt grass appeared, a ring of water surrounded it and it created a ring of long grass around.

Izuku forced himself to smile as he went back into the cottage. He couldn't love here...

He grabbed the stuff he needed and headed for tree house.

He was going to survive.

A/n
That flashback took too long 😅
Okay so the story will continue from where I left off before the flashback. Chapter 36 if u want a refresh. The next two week may be delayed though because I'll be in Barcelona ^~^