Chapter 40

Just a quick recap, Inko and Hisashi are married, they found a place they can call home. They live in the forest and they are protected by a wild familiar they saved. I just thought this was needed because I just pumped out a whole bunch of specials 🤣

A year after their joint marriage, both families had children. Mitsuki called her boy Katsuki and the boy's familiar was still not formed. It was just an orange black haze that immediately formed a level 1 bond. It now wouldn't leave Katsuki.

Inko was still pregnant but she was due any day now. It was a miracle that she was even capable of being pregnant with this child since they came from opposing tribes. Both tribe's familiars were led by dominant genes... they were both concerned for how this child would form.

Hisashi worked by hunting the animals in the forest to eat and Inko would make clothes out of the pelt and jewelry out of the other parts.

Medicine was also made from the parts as Inko worked as a herbologist still. She would make medicines from leaves and medical herbs and animal parts. They made sure to grow many plants to in return to not damage the ecosystem and Hisashi would hunt a wide range of animals to make sure they don't take a jab at a specie's numbers.

Inko soon had needed to give birth and Hisashi brought Inko into the waterfall that the wild familiar lived in. Inko pushed hard and soon, a child was was born. Inko smiled happily as the baby felt warm in her hands, but he wasn't breathing... She turned to Hisashi desperately only to see, her husband get swallowed up in a great inferno.

He was reduced to ashes and not a single trace of him was left. The rocks that he stood on in the water were charred black and the silence swallowed up the area. A single gold armband floated down the water appearing in Inko's dead eyes and she snapped out of it. Tears welled up in her eyes as she almost automatically slipped the armband onto the silent baby in her arms.

Almost immediately, the child started breathing and crying tore through Inko. The baby was alive... Her child was alive... Her and Hisashi's child... Is alive!!!!

Feelings torn, Inko cradled the baby in her arms. She knew the consequences of breaking the familiar bond once it's been set, you would be taken by the own powers you cultivated. She always knew this would happen but...

She cried loudly into the water, hugging the child in her arms as her feelings flowed into the depths of the waterfall. Her heart was broken but she had something to do. She had to keep... Izuku...that will be his name, she had to keep Izuku safe. She had to teach him everything, before she joins Hisashi...

Every weekend, Mitsuki would climb the mountain with Katsuki and his familiar to see Inko. She would bring food and the two mother's would have a picnic in the woods under the apple trees every Saturday. Mitsuki would constantly talk to keep Inko's mind off Hisashi and the two would teach Izuku how to fend for himself. Katsuki and his familiar still didn't get along yet but one thing was for sure, both Katsuki and his familiar adored Izuku.

By the time he was 2, Katsuki could already go up the mountain by himself. Although his familiar still refused to show what his specie is, which was normal since level 2 doesn't happen until the age of 4.

They were dropped off as usual by Mitsuki at the base of the mountain and Katsuki would slowly hike up to the meeting spot with the familiar following (kind of) behind.

He went up the path and down the flattened grassy patch towards the apple trees. There, stood in front of the blossoming trees, was the small cute boy that he somehow got along with.

"Izu!!!" He called as he ran over. He stopped by the almost transparent bubble and waited for Izuku to raise a hand. The bubble dissolved briefly whilst the two outsiders slipped in and almost immediately, the bubble appeared again.

The two made their way to the cottage house and Inko was there to greet them with a warm drink and snacks. This would happen every week day since Mitsuki had work and Katsuki would want to go to see Izuku.

This particular morning, Izuku was not properly awake and was not able to pull himself up the grassy hill. He slipped and fell backwards causing Katsuki who was under him, to panic and reach out to Izuku's falling body.

His familiar shared the sense of panic, started to glow and the surrounding air started to heat up.

Katsuki caught Izuku and hugged him close, ready to fall, but instead landed in the growing orange and black mist that started to fizz.

With a loud explosion, wings spread outfrom the mist and a shower of sparks pushed the two boys up the hill.

There were no words as Izuku clung onto Katsuki. The two sat there huddling as they turned to face the thing they sat on. What looked back was a dragon that had massive horns and spikes spitting explosions from its mouth.

Level 2.... Katsuki got a dragon....at the age of 2.

Izuku stared into the eyes of the dragon the stood before him. It's eyes glared back but it wasn't hostile. They were warm and concerned....they wanted to talk to him... Maybe he could?...

"Hello?" Izuku asked loudly as he kept his mouth shut. He looked deep into the creature and he saw it go wide eyed.

Katsuki picked up Izuku and carried him off the dragon, still eyeing it carefully and the two sat on the grass before it.

The creature shuffled around in a circle before facing the two. Katsuki didn't say a word as he saw Izuku made eye contact. There was something about the younger boy's large green eyes that sent chills down his spine. Even though the bond was just formed, he could feel that his familiar was being cornered by Izuku.

He couldn't move.