Chapter 30

Waking up in the morning, Deku blinked at the sound of his phone going off. It wouldn't stop and Bakugou wasn't awake. Afraid to wake him up, Deku reached to turn off the phone only to see that it was Mina spamming him with news of a festival in the nearby park. Excited about the news, Deku's lips pursed together to keep happy noises to a minimum. They started to shimmer and his plump lip's shape started to change until they were a heart shape. A pink kiss left his lips and landed at the foot of the bed. A white glow swirled around and when it cleared, the unicorn with a crystal white pelt stood grand. He shone with life and his light blue mane had rainbow streaks down the side.

The two almost immediately started talking and Deku found out that the reason he was summoned was because of his species. The unicorn, Daylight, explained as much as he could to him.

Familiars that have a side effect usually take a small action to be summoned as the side effect acts like a sacrifice. The slimes would've needed seriously dangerous situations to be summoned but the rainbow glow in the eyes were their side effect. So now all they need is to detect their need and they'll appear once the armband is gripped.

Also, although the leaves make it seem that everyone is in their own compartment, it's actually some sort of teleportation device that creates a city within. The familiars inside are capable of talking to each other and some are aware of the outside. The more powerful ones can use outer detection but the less powerful ones like the golems aren't able to. The less powerful are also the ones with usually no side effects.

"Wait, Attract doesn't give me a side effect but she appears without anything major..." Wondered Deku as he and the unicorn started to gossip.

" The reason why their seems to be no side effects is because you were born from her. The problem is that both your parents have powerful familiars but they were weak against each other. Both extreme powers usually eats the flesh away in the womb but Izuku, you're special since you're alive."

Izuku knew that because if his ability, getting up to 80% fc was easy and 100% was a matter of time, but for more than one? He was curious now...

Jumping out of bed, Izuku ran for the bathroom and started brushing his teeth and getting dressed. Bakugou had just woken up and received Mina's message. Realising that Izuku wanted to go, he got up and also got ready. He noticed that the smaller boy's lips were now a heart shape but the unicorn that was chilling in the bath was all the explanation he needed really.

After getting help from Mitsuki, who didn't question the lips, the two boys were dressed in yukatas and ready to go. Since the festival started in the afternoon, the two decided to wander the shopping centre again.

This time when they played at the arcade, Bakugou won every machine resulting in Izuku receiving a lot of presents. Explo grabbed them and slowly started to fly towards the house leaving them. The unicorn wanted energy to see the festival so he returned back to the world within the armband.

Hand in hand, Izuku and Bakugou wandered through the halls with Bakugou leading just like he did when they were younger through the forest. He stopped at an accessory store and ran in before coming out with a pink flower clip.
Tugging at Izuku's yukata, Bakugou held Izuku's face and leaned close, faces inches apart.

Clipping it in, Bakugou stepped back to see his choice and smirked. Izuku reached up and touched his head and saw his reflection in a window.

Light pink flowers decorated his forest green hair and highlighted his faint blush that scattered his cheeks.

"T-thank y-y-you Kacchan! But are you sure? It's so pretty! This should be given to someone special!"

Reaching up again to remove the clip, Izuku's hands were pinned to the wall and Bakugou stared deep into his eyes.

"These are for you because you are special.  Deku, you are special to me. I'll protect you for life okay?"

The two stared at each other in silence for a bit before a cough was heard. Turning around, the boys saw Uraraka walking towards them. "Hi Izu!" She shrilled, giving him a hug, casually flinging Bakugou aside. "Coco!" Giggled back Izuku as he hugged back. The two chatted mostly about Izuku's lips, before she whispered something to Deku and he nodded before walking into the accessory store.

"Now now... Mind telling me what that was about?" Asked Uraraka, voice laced with poison. She straightened up before leaning on a hip.

"So Bakugou Katsuki, why were you being a dumbass?" She snickered as she looked down on him on purpose

Veins popped on Bakugou's forehead and his eyes darkened.

"Round face!!!! You're the dumbass you bitch!!!!" Bakugou growled and was about to send an explosion at her, only to realise Explo still wasn't back from dropping the arcade toys off.

Growling more, he lifted his shoulders and stuffed his hands into his yukata. Every time Uraraka even moved, he growled more.

The two stood by the accessory store with Uraraka still smirking and Bakugou growling. The two glared at each other as Izuku came back with a bag.

There were small purses and masks inside and Izuku happily put on an oni mask and strung a purse through his sleeve. Bakugou didn't take anything and Uraraka took the bag whilst rummaging through.

The day had flew past and the festival was starting up. The three made their way to the park and was met with lanterns that littered the trees.

The park was at the foot of a cliff down a path, Izuku leaned over the railing and looked down into the festival and noticed a bi-coloured phoenix directly under him.

"Shocchan!!!" Called Izuku as he jumped. Todoroki was fixing his yukata as it was a little ruffled.

He looked up in surprise as Izuku came hurling down the side of the cliff

He had jumped...