Chapter 15: Part 1

Aislyn leant slightly to the side and caught the arrow as it whizzed past her, twirling it between her fingers. She smirked at the female, who was hurriedly reaching behind her for another, and blew over the head of the arrow, lighting it into flame. She drew her arm back and threw it at the culpable fae where it hit her squarely in her chest, imploding, setting her and the seven other fae around her on fire.

Although Aislyn knew the fire wouldn't kill them. Their armour was resistant against fire, at the best, they would be left with some minor burns on some of their exposed areas, but she did know that the panic and confusion whilst they tried to extinguish the flames would buy her some time.

Aislyn turned her attention back to the group of six behind her. When she had sent out the wind, it had slammed them into the wall hard enough to disorientate and wind them.

She ran towards the group, dodging a few arrows fired by those that had recovered fast enough.

When she got to the first fae, a female still lifting herself off the ground, she didn't slow her running and instead bent over slightly, running a blade she had removed from around her belt across her exposed neck, green sap spewing from the wound.

In the same movement, she threw the dagger towards the foot of a male running at full blast towards her.

The force at which she threw the dagger caused it to bury itself so far through the fae's foot, the tip poked out the other side, into the ground.

The male screamed in pain and stumbled forward, falling face-first onto the hidden blade sticking out the toe of Aislyn's boot.

Aislyn shook the body of the dead male off before jumping over his body and tackling another fae to the ground. She placed her hand over the female's mouth and sent a tidal wave down her throat long enough to see the water stream back out of her nose.

Aislyn looked up to see one of the males reach for the hand of one of the females who was still on the ground and she pounced forward, grabbing onto his ankle. Aislyn sent a bolt of lighting out of her palm so hot, she felt the fae's green skin sear through her gloves. Both fae went rigid as the bolt passed through them before slumping on the ground.

The remaining fae, at seeing his fallen comrades, turned a sickly shade and held up his empty hands in a sign of surrender. Aislyn's face morphed into an evil smirk and she slowly got up from the ground and held her hand up in the air, in a swirling motion.

A blast of wind wrapped around the fae, immobilising him from the shoulders down.

"Please Aislyn," begged the male, fear evident in his eyes, "please. I know it wasn't your fault Prince Nikolas died.I-I wanted you to be queen. I want you to be the queen!"

Aislyn remained silent as she stalked forward, smirk not dropping from her face.

She reached the begging male and stopped a short distance away from his face. She reached up as a tear spilt from his eye and swiped it away with her index finger. She brought her finger to her mouth and sucked the tear-off, a sweet, sugary taste filling her mouth. Aislyn took her finger out of her mouth, letting the sharp, black nail catch on her lip.

The last humane motion she saw come from the fae was a shudder before she sprang forward pushing her thumbs into his eye sockets.

Just as she heard a sickening pop, he fae began to scream in agony, whipping his head back and forth, trying to shake her grip. Aislyn manipulated the wind and in one smooth move, tightened it to the point of crushing the fae.

Before his body even hit the ground, Aislyn saw, rather than felt, an arrow slice through her right forearm. A few moments later, an intense stinging sensation spread through her entire limb.

Hissing, Aislyn shoved the dead fae's body to the side and ran for cover behind the corner of the tunnel. She shouted a curse at not only seeing a tear in her beloved suit but at seeing the black tendrils seeping out from the wound on her arm. Figuring they must have coated the arrowhead with some poisonous plant, Aislyn grabbed the end of her cloak and tore away a strip to tie around the cut, seeing as it wouldn't heal until she had cured the poison.

Hearing the heckling of the remaining fae towards Minerva, Aislyn could feel her heart rate increase and she clenched her fists tightly.

"I'm getting fed up of this shit now," she yelled, "last chance to stop this before I seriously fuck you lot up!"

When she heard no noises indicating surrender, Aislyn slowly counted, "One. Two. Three," out loud before stepping around the corner,

Without assessing the scene in front of her, Aislyn focused on raising her hands up and out, palms facing away from her.

A great wall of flame erupted behind the fae, so shocking and so hot, that they shouted out in surprise, trying to get away from the overbearing heat.

Before any of them could get far, Aislyn shifted her concentration onto erecting a wall of water equal in size and splendour to the one of fire.

The shouts of surprised turned to shouts of fear when the fae realised they were trapped.

Aislyn began to walk forward and every step she took, the walls shifted closer together.

The shouts turned to pleas.

The walls, no only a short distance from each other began to sizzle.

The pleas turned to screams.

Fire couldn't kill the fae because of their armour and although she could drown them, it took longer and she just wanted to get this all over with. With the steam from the two, could cook them from the outside in.

Aislyn walked the last few steps and with an almighty hiss, the two walls merged together and exploded into a cloud of vapour.

One by one the fae each stopped screaming.

As soon as the last one grew quiet, Aislyn conjured a wind to dissipate the cloud.

Ignoring Minerva calling her name from within her cage of lighting, Aislyn continued to walk forward towards the mass of mangled bodies, making sure they were well and truly dead.

Seeing or hearing no sense of life, Aislyn almost turned away but she felt a nagging feeling in her gut that made her make her way to one of the bodies lying off to the side.

As she got closer, she could see it was the male who had fired the first arrow- and she could see he was still alive.

Even though his eye's had been cooked in his head and his skin had all but melted, she could see he was still alive.

She crouched down next to his and whispers, "Maybe it is my fault Nikolas is dead but it's your fault that these thirteen faes are dead today."

Despite everything, the male whispered back, "You.. were nev-never go-going to.. be good en-enough. Neither is-is... Queen Minerva."

Aislyn sighed and replied, "You just don't know how to keep your mouth shut, do you? Since you like shitting from your mouth so much, let me give you a hand so you can get it all out."

She then stood up and roughly shoved the toe of her foot into his mouth. She bent over and rammed her fingers in between the gap of her boot and the roof of his mouth, ignoring the pain when his sharp teeth cut into her fingers.

With a brutal yank, she made sure to keep the fae's head steady as she pushed her foot down. The male didn't even have the energy to cry out as she severed his jaw from his head.

Thanks for reading, leave a vote and drop a comment if you enjoyed what you read!